My Friend, Alex, Has Passed Away Due To A Hate Crime

One of my closest friends has recently passed away. 

He was assulted by his next door neighboor because he was a homosexual. The woman told my friend before she attacked him that "Your homosexuality threatend my blessid child". The woman later broke into his home, and nearly beat him to death with a metal baseball bat, turning his head into a broken egg. He underwent three emergency surgeries, and we all thought he was going to be alright. Unfortunately, a little while ago, he passed away in his home. The woman was arrested, and killed in jail. 

It is a shock how the modern media works. I went to the papers to see if they want to report the news, but they always denied, saying  that they want to protect "religious actions and practices"..this is sickening.

There was a letter found with Alex's things after he passed away. I thought you should see it..

The letter was too long and the spacing between the paragraphs on this site was making it seem strange. The full letter is in this txt file I uploaded to mediafire

EDIT by Logan... I am gonna insert this letter, everyone should read this. I don't want to chance someone missing it because they don't click the link:

I have recently and unfortunately become the victim of assult, of which was based upon religious beliefs. Looking at modern society, and seeing how homosexuals are treated, it is no wonder why many homosexual children and adults dont want to come "out of the closet".

This woman approached me in my home and attacked me on these words "Your homosexuality threatens my blessed child". I cannot understand how it threatens the wellfare of a child. She entered my home and continuously hit me in the head and arm with a metal baseball bat, presumably because she believed that God justifies the death of homosexuals. You know, knowing how God is spoken in the bible as a loving god, I dont understand, nor do I believe that he would want the woman to do something this heinous, even IF god did not approve of homosexuality. There are over 400 specied of creatures on this planet that have at least SOME homosexuality. I find it very hard to believe that God, an almighty creator, got it wrong 400 times.

I want to quote a line from the furry romance/tragedy novel called "Genesis" that my friend Lucas, also known as "Ruuqo" is currently writting..

"Death they say, is a natural part of life; but why end it in such a way? A way that shows how out volatile natures have taken over.."

I remember reading that quote for the first time when Lucas let me sneak a peak at the book. It sparked much thought about how people are murdered and assulted for both serious and very small reasons. As humans, it is natural for us to be head strong and hold onto our beliefs, regardless of other influences. Some people act upon them, like the woman who nearly killed me, and some nearly state their opinion and leave it at that. As a species, these things are the only true factor in preventing our progression, both mentally and technologically.

She attacked me, yes. Should I be mad? Yes. But am I mad? No. It is impossible to be mad at someone for pursuing their beliefs about what "had to be done" in their point of view. Would I like to lash back at her? Yes, I very much would. But revenge is a natural human instinct that we can repress. While I am not sure what will happen to her, I wish her the best in every aspect in her life. I hope with my greatest wish that she will eventually see her fault and realize that God's love is for everyone, even if he may not like how we live our life.

While I do not follow the Christian faith based on the modern bible we have today, I do believe in the teachings of the real, historical Jesus of Nazareth. He said if a man slaps you on the cheek, turn your head and give him the other to slap. This amount of love and respect is unparalelled to anything else we can do. And whether or not you believe in the Christian faith, that specific teaching is probably one of the most amazing things I have ever heard.

I write this letter before my surgeries, and want to tell my family and friends that I love them, with every bone and drop of blood in my body; every breath and thought goes out to them. To my husband, I want to thank you for loving me for the time I was on this earth. I love you, and if you are reading this, then you probably know that I have passed away. It's okay now, I am in a place where there is no pain and no hate. I will see you again..

And finally, to all of my friends and family that would take too much text to write in this letter, I want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to make a specific shout to Lucas, my absolute best friend in my life. I would do anything for you, and I am sure you would do the same for me. But if I die, dont greive, but think about how I am no longer facing the dangers of this world; no pain, no sickness, all peace and love. Please Lucas, I understand that you have lost 6 friends to death in your life, and I will be the 7th. You are strong, you have been able to pull yourself out of the greif and sadness from all of those losses. I dont know any other person who could stay mentally and emotionally stable as you are after dealing with so many losses. Be strong. It's okay. I am feeling better where I am. I will see you again someday up here.

I love you all. Stay strong. Thank you for making my life worth living, full of memorable pictures that I could bring with me up here. Goodbye.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s081y6583mqzp61

I'm sorry for your loss of a friend, and it is very sad that something like this would happen

His letter made me feel better, though...It's hard, yes. 

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can't understand why this still happens. I'll never grasp how people somehow take the message of "love everyone" and turn into "hate/kill anyone that's different."

I've never experienced this kind of heinous, violent discrimination personally but I'm willing to listen/chat If you need to talk. And I can also help if you might want to locate resources in LGBT community, and maybe the TekSyndicate community can all come together and setup a kind of memorial scholarship or something in his name.

/hug (sadly an internet hug is the best I can do.)

Growing up I was told that homosexuality was a sin... a disease... my friends used to tell me that god would forgive us if we killed them... quoting Leveticus all day... I used to get sick to my stomach from it. There is something wrong with them. Where did the hate come from? The Bible? I think not... They call themselves "followers of christ"... and then they ignore his teachings while excusing their hate and bigotry in Jesus name.

Also, it's funny how they remember the part of Leveticus that talks about homosexuals but ignore the rest. Here are some of the other rules in Leveticus:

• Do not lie
  • Do not decieve
  • Do not pervert justice
  • do not gossip/ spread slander
  • DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT ENDANGERS YOUR NEIGHBOR'S LIFE
  • Do not eat mean with the blood still in it
  • Do not mate with animals
  • If your brother dies you have to marry his wife
  • Do not plant two kinds of seeds in your field
  • Do now wear two different kinds of woven material
  • If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment.[a] Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed
  • Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard
  • Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves (I know lots of christians with tattoos)
  • Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God.
  • When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them.

I preach tolerance... but I am not. I can not tolerate ignorance. I can not tolerate bigotry. I can not tolerate christianity in this form. They are the ones destroying the world and warping children before they are old enough to form their own natural ideas. What they are doing is not natural.. They are not human in my eyes. They are savages. They are on the wrong side of history. They are lower than animals. 

I could go on... stuff like this make me rage. Your friend seems like an amazing person (from the letter)... It sucks that the earth has to be without him. 

I remember letting him read the part of my book I am writting. I remember his face as he passed by the saying that he quoted. He lived by that afterwards. I am really going to miss him.. And thank you for your concern. I think it is the people who assult the homosexuals like this should be considered the second class citizen, not the homnosexuals.

The day of the assualt, I was un-able to go to the hospital, considering he was living out of state at the time. He had three emergancy surgeries, one to repair his skull, a second one to keep his heart beating, and a third one to remove his arm. The bones in his left arm were so damaged that it was causing the tissue around it to rot. 

He was a painter, and he used a special brush that needed two hands to paint. After that, we were not sure how he would be able to make his living anymore. I was told by his mother when she went to visit him in the hospital, he was painting the grand canyon with his feet. The hospital gave him some paint and a board to pain on during his recovery. His words were "This isnt going to stop me from painting". 

He was a man that had high ambisions and aspirations. He was one of my closest friends. I will definately miss him..

My condolences man, seriously.  As an artist, I could not imagine life without my hands, even though my current career choices are kind of far from art, I still sketch and do digital work.  He sounded like an amazing person.

They are the ones destroying the world and warping children before they are old enough to form their own natural ideas.

This is perhaps the scariest part of all, and I see it all the time. You've probably already seen it, but the documentary "Jesus Camp" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/) is terrifying. And I mean, TERRIFYING.

I did see it...it's scary

He was..when he was seen painting the grand canyon with his feet, I couldnt imagine how inspiring that would be...and he was a really amazing person.

Whoa this is incredibly sad, and I am truly sorry for your loss

it's terrifying to know that there are more people like that neighbour out there

Scarier part? you never know who they may be...your neighboor (in this case), your boss, anyone...

Everything you just said Logan. Yes. It's like my thoughts were written by someone else.

I'm almost glad I was forced to go to church as a child. I got to learn to question everything and not accept, "because we say so (becasue the bible says so)" for an answer. I was never satisfied blindly believing in something without proof. The only issue with this is the people of lesser intelligence forced to go there as a child who grow up blindly believing those around them without an open mind to change. 

Our world will never evolve until humans realize we need to accept one another and "live and let live." A relationship is between 2 people, not 3, not 4, not 100, but 2. And it in no way effects anyone else. (Not to say there aren't 3+ people relationships out there... but the "norm" is 2 and I'm talking about people outside of that relationship.)

I wonder how many violent bigots like that neighbor are genuinely motivated by their passionately ignorant religious beliefs, as opposed to being bigoted for other (or no) reasons and just use the religion as an excuse. 

To the OP: it makes me feel a little gross to say this, but it sounds like the murderer died as senselessly and painfully as your friend. So there may not be any justice to be found in this tragedy, but at least there is symmetry. For what it's worth, you have my condolences.

Sorry for your loss.. being a believer in God & Christ i dont support the lifestyle but wouldnt ever harm anyone over it. To everyone else get over the Religious bashing believe in whatever you want but dont try to trash my beliefs as i wouldnt yours. 

We shouldn't start a religious argument here. It would be disrespectful. You have beliefs and that is fine. Nobody wants to bash your beliefs or religion. I don't see you using your religion to justify hate, and that is good. However, In my post, I wanted to point out that some Christians (not all) warp the scriptures and then do terrible things in the name of Christ. I am not saying that what they are doing is Christian... I am saying that they are doing something VERY terrible and then they use Christianity as an excuse... This means that they have perverted the Bible and used it to justify their hate crime. It's very warped and dangerous. I'm not sure where it comes from... homophobia, hate, bigotry... these are not christian qualities. 

I didn't see any other Christian bashing here, so I hope you do not take offense. I believe we are all outraged that someone would do this because of their Christian belief. Jesus would never attack someone like that. He would love them (from my reading of the Bible). I, personally, think that it is a terrible thing to look at another human as being evil or sinful when we all "sin" so much (according to biblical rules). Is your sin less than theirs? Why do so many christians judge them? They are obviously judging them to an extreme point. Hate crimes should never be tolerated. I would hope that the Christians would be even angrier about this because something like this is not what they stand for. It makes the religion look bad. 

Anyway, if we want to talk more religion, we can... but we should start a new forum topic and keep it civil. We shouldn't go over it anymore here... out of respect for the deceased. 

yeah no problem....i get alittle annoyed when it comes to that subject and dont feel right if i dont atleast stick up for my faith when others question it or what not. 

The letter was mentioned in two internet radio streams..its getting more public

Honestly I don't believe in religion and I'm not an athiest... I really just dont give a fuck and neither should anyone else, Believe in your religion and do ANYTHING you want so long as it doesn't impact anyones life. Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out about everything and just let everyone live their lifes as they want, I could rant about this for hours but meh. If everyone just let everyone be themselfs without being dicks this world would be perfect.