My first PC build

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $260

• ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $200

• CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply $160

• Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770 $290

• CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B $65

• ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $235

• Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD20EFRX 2TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive $105

• Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive) $100

• ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS – OEM $60

TOTAL: $1,475

ABOVE IS MY LIST FOR BUILDING MY FIRST GAMING PC. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING I SHOULDN'T GET PLEASE RESPOND!

Your motherboard is socket 1150 (Haswell) but you've chosen a socket 1155 CPU (Ivy Bridge). You either need to choose a LGA1155 motherboard (if you want to keep the CPU) or the 4670 or 4770 CPU which are both LGA1150 (if you want to keep the motherboard).

Please use PCpartspicker next time you post a build. Also, perhaps consider avoiding the all-caps bold text.

Anyway, since you don't seem to be interested in overclocking, judging by the non k edition CPU, I optimized this build for silence rather than airflow and overclocking potential. This machine should max out anything you throw at it, even with a three monitor setup or in 1440p. It's a little over budget, if you can't swing the extra few bucks, you can nix the SSD or CPU cooler, and add one later, just keep in mind, if you nix the CPU cooler and use the stock one instead, your machine will be much louder.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1FbRI

Fixed your formatting for you <3

Also, I would consider something closer to this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1FbWY

7950s for $179.99? What craziness is this?! They beat the 660ti easily, and in Crossfire, with recent driver fixes, you can kick some major ass! Mine, Fold, Game, whatever - it is a perfect GPU combo, especially for the price.

660W 80+ Platinum PSU with a ripple so low it beats my venerable X650, iirc. Aside from the terrible in-line capacitors (if you're sleeving), which are more of a nuisance than a problem, that PSU is pretty amazing for the price. At $110, I'd grab that before anything else, as in, go buy it now. Enough amperage (which I hate that term, by the way), and wattage for 7950 CF, easily.

256GB ADATA SX900 SSD; 500MBps read and write, and plenty of it. Enough for an OS, applications, and some games. If you want, cut down to a 120/128GB SSD and get a 1TB HDD, or so, for mass storage. Pure SDS is the way to go, in my mind, though. With a single 7950, you could fit a 512GB SSD in there, and with some further changes, a 960GB or 1TB SSD, even. Lower power, lower heat, higher durability, and much faster; SSD all the way.

In your original list, you had an 1155 CPU with an 1150 motherboard. That will not work. The 1155 CPU may be the exact same size, but it will not fit, because it is designed for a socket with 5 more pins than the 1150 socket (1155 - 1150 = 5). The socket name, for current gens of Intel CPUs, refers to how many pins they use. 1150 is the most recent one from Intel, with their Haswell architecture. Simple enough. You also chose a locked CPU for a very OC capable motherboard. Adjusting for compatability, that is like putting the 4770 in the MVI Hero. You can't OC the locked CPUs to any worthwhile clock. Spend the extra $15 or so to get the 4770k, and have the threads, raw per-core performance, and overclockability to use the mobo to its full extent.

Speaking of mobos, the Mpower Max is where it's at; not the Hero, not the Formula, the Mpower Max. You have just as much of a developed BIOS, and with the new Z87 Mpowers (and Mpower Maxes, and Xpowers), it rivals, if not beats the ROG BIOS that I know and love. In terms of overclocking, at a hardware level, you have all of the power phases, and ridiculous rated caps, mosfets, and high performance-enough heatsinks to hit 5gHz+ if your cooling solution and chip can handle it. Basically, at your budget, you can skip the ROG gimmick of black and red and get to the serious hardware ;) [Don't get me wrong, I use and love ROG, but the Mpower Max is just better]

Moving along, to the CPU cooling, I chose a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, in black, to match the rest of the components. It is huge, trust me - huge. I love mine; on my 3770k, I could hit 4.8gHz below 80 C full load around 1.4V. With Haswell, you are looking at 4.7gHz to 4.8, depending on your chip, but 4.6 for sure, especially with that mobo, and this CPU cooler. With Ivy, Sandy, and Haswell, the cooler the chip is, the higher it can clock, at the same voltage. It is a hardware level feature that allows many watercooled, LN2 cooled, and phase changed rigs hit 5 to 6+ gHz on voltages that air cooler rigs are hitting 4.8ish with. You may want to replace the fans later on, because the stock ones, at 100% load, are like jet engines, but at 40%, or so, or if you are undervolting, they are nice and quiet, but when they ramp up...

RAM! 16GB of super nice overclocking RAM, to match your super nice overclocking mobo? Sounds great! 8GB sticks to upgrade to 32GB later? Low-profile heatsperaders to fit with any CPU heatsink? What is this magical RAM I speak of? Crucial Ballistix Sport. Now, I say that it is a great match for your overclocking-centered mobo, but aside from frequency support, the overclocking potential of the RAM modules has nothing to do with the mobo. Ballistix is just great OCing stuff, though; 2133mHz CL9 is easily had around 1.55V, from what I've seen. If not, 1866, or even stock 1600mHz is more than fast enough. You can really tighten those timings, too, but not as much as, say, my Trident X, which isn't as great of an OCer as much as a super tight CL monster :)

Lastly, if I am correct, is the case. I chose a much cheaper case compared to the 800D, which is a giant coffin for overclocking not at all worth the cost. The Lian Li A55B is a really impressive little case. It is pretty tiny for an ATX case, and mounts the PSU vertically in thefront of the case to do so, but looks both gorgeous, is built well (even if Lian Li uses comparatively thin aluminum sheet, which is still durable, and makes for a lightweight case compared to a stainless case), and is at an impressive price point right at $100.

That's what I'd get.

I'd go with this build as well. Overall better performance and a tad bit quieter.