My First PC Build (£700 - £800)

Hello there world of the Tek,

I have been wanting to build my own PC for sometime now and I have choosen the parts of which are within my price range, and I wanted to see what you guys think, and what you guys could suggest as improvements to what I am going to buy, or what I could improve further along the line after I have build this.

Here are the specs of what I am builiding:

• Intel i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (CPU Cooler)
  • Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-D3H Motherboard
  • Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Vengeance Memory Module Kit
  • OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD (Boot Drive and main applications) 
  • Antec Three Hundred Two
  • XFX 650W 80+ Bronze PSU
  • LG 24x SATA DVD Rewriter
  • Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 660 (Overclocked Edition)
  • TP-Link 300Mbps Wi-Fi Adapter
  • Windows 7 Home Edition 64-Bit

If you would like anymore specs or any more informations, I would be happy to complie.

Hope to get many replys,

Ethan.

That is quite a nice system you have there Ethan, is that Vengeance kit the low profile version? If not it might help to buy it for easier installation/clearence with 212 EVO. I assume you have a storage hard drive to go with your SSD? 60Gb will go fast, other then that, great work on putting it together and giving yourself parts with room for upgrades in the future.

I would get the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and the Radeon 7870 GHz Edition

If you wanted SSD performance with HDD capacity, get a standard 7200 RPM HDD and pick up an SSD Caching Drive. Hope that SSD isn't the only storage you have on the build because just like John C said, 60GB only goes so far

Thank you for your comments on my post.

@John, Yes I will be using a storage drive (silly me for not putting it on the list). I will be cannibalizing a 500GB 7200rpm HDD from my current PC, maybe upgrading it to a 1TB HHD as I want to record game play. The ram sadly isn't going to be the low profile, I was considering it but I found it cheaper with the higher profile, BUT the RAM slots for my motherboard use to slots farest away from my fan (Slot 1 and 3 for say). Thank you for your kinds comments, it took me a while to research to see what was good, what would work etc.

@Visination, Hmmmm, I didn't see these. I shall take a look into this. Thank you for your suggestions. Don't worry, the SSD won’t be my only storage. I am not that new to PCs. But I do remember when in my old, old OLD PC I had a 50GB drive, believing that to be a beast size. :D

Again, if any one else who reads this wants to comment on any upgrades or any recommendations, please voice yourselfs.

Signed,

Ethan.

Anymore suggestions before I order the parts?

ya what part of the world do you live in? so i can find better parts for you.

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/v3ji