My first ever pc build help me

i decided to make a cheap pc build for a few e-sports games and some triple A games in 1080p mostly can go lower but not higher i just dont want to. I also plan to do office works and some programming stuff in it photo editing and simulation apps like autocad, i plan to upgrade it within this year maybe add a few parts or replace some (not the mobo and ram) im not sure if its compatible or would it have clearance issues or something im a noob at pc building in fact its my first pc build…i still own a pc which scored a tugboat in terms of work station and scored a drift wood at gaming…so heres my planned build

apu - Ryzen 5 2400g (plan to get r.2 if its good later on or maybe a better ryzen 7 if i can afford a gpu)

gpu - none but plan to get 1060 6gb or 1070ti (most likely 6-8 months from now)

Mobo - MSI tomahawk b350 or maybe get the x370 (the cheap ones for future upgrade prep) dunno if they sell mobos like them that are compatible with ryzen if not i dunno what to do with them.

Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 C16 (2x8gb)

case - tecware nexus (dunno if it will fit all this)

PSU - aerocool rave 600w 80+ bronze

ssd - samsung 850 EVO 250GB (mostly for boot ups)

hdd - seagate barracuda 2tb (file work storage)

hdd - WD BLack 1tb (game storage)

cpu cooler - MasterAir MA410P (i dont plan to overclock much maybe a little bit if i knew how)
(i dont know if this will have clearance issues with my ram)

so thats my build from where i’am that will be priced at almost 1k dollars and thats about all i can afford atm … can you guys give any feedback on that or any suggestions for current improvement or future proofing? thanks

1 Like

I would see how the stock cooler performs, you can always upgrade it later.
Overclocking the iGPU 7850K was super-easy and gave a nice perf boost

1 Like

Would advise to get a better PSU like this one from Seasonic

For your case, you could also look into the NZXT S340

3 Likes

Suggested setup:
Ryzen 5 2400G
Stock cooler is sufficent, friend of mine runs it like that.
G.Skill Aegis 2x 8GB 3000MHz
ASRock X370 Pro4
Samsung 850Evo 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
WD Gold 1TB (because it is like $3 more than the black, running this one myself)
NZXT S340 Black
SeaSonic Focus Gold 650W

As PCPartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKXFtg
Cost: $790

2 Likes

You pretty much nailed it. But why choose those case and PSU? There are many better-rated cases and PSUs out there.
It just that I haven’t heard of Tecware Nexus and Aerocool Rave before and there aren’t many reviews of these products yet. Maybe these are the only available PSU or cases in your location?

1 Like

Pretty good build, a couple of things that I would change though.
For the motherboard, it is not worth getting a cheap x370 over b350 unless you NEED it for SLI. Even CFX will work on b350. The extra cost does nothing for you here, and realistically the cheap x370 boards lack features the more expensive have, specifically in power draw. The current Ryzen parts sip power, yes, but that may not always be the case. If this is a platform to build on I would rather save the money now and upgrade to a good motherboard later if you need to.

Storage looks good, SSD for boot is something that once you live with you’ll never want to live without. For the Work storage, I’d recommend taking a look at HGST. They have a number of 2TB drives that should be priced similarly, and a much lower failure rate on average, at least across the last few years according to backblaze’s annual report. I’ve only had one HGST drive fail on me, and that was after 11 years of hard use.

I would definitely get a better PSU. This gives power to everything in your system, and can kill everything in the system. The one that @MazeFrame recommended is great, you could also look at this power supply for a cheaper but still great option.

For the CPU cooler, again it comes down to how much you need to spend. You’ll be able to do basic overclocking on the CPU and GPU with the stock coolers. AMD really got their shit together there. However, if you can investing in a nice cooler now will save you money later, when you get a new CPU or whatnot, and wont hurt you now. Depending on how much you have to spend, take a look at these coolers:
Scythe Fuma, Thermalright Macho rev. B, or cryorig H7
The first 2 will easily outperform the coolermaster, perform above even a 120mm AIO, and despite their cost will perform near the level of much more expensive coolers, such as a nh-d15. All of these coolers should work with your case.

As for the case, I’ve never heard of the company before, but everything looks good, and it’s a good looking case. Depending on how much that is going to cost though there may be other options priced similarly or cheaper that offer more/the same for less.

My recomended setup:
2400G
Scythe Fuma
MAI b350 tomahawk or Asrock b350 pro4
Ram is fine
SSD is fine
WD Black is fine, would recommend going with a HGST 1tb though, whatever is cheapest
HGST 2tb Ultrastar 7k3000
Seasonic S12II 620w
Your current case looks fine, otherwise need to know price for recommendations.

2 Likes

yes sir…those are the cheapest i could find from where i am… the tecware nexus cost about 2k where i am while the nzxt costs 5k. and the design looks alike the nzxt lol… regarding the psu i could go for seasonic its only about 500 difference.

1 Like

true… i could just go with the stock cooler and upgrade later if i upgrade into a stronger apu or cpu… was just thinking of buying that cooler now cause it was on sale here at the local store. lol but could that cooler be good for a r7?

1 Like

thanks for the suggestions ill go check prices out and watch for sales and discounted options… i went for those parts i mentioned earlier cause those were the cheapest i could find without sacrificing much quality i think, heres the pricing for the other parts you guys suggested ill be putting them in our currency php. though in dollars its just 1 php x 52.3 = 1 dollar

i need help looking at price to performance here if you guys can help out its gonna be awesome

my current build plan:
Ryzen 5 2400g - 10500 php

MSI tomahawk b350 8k php or maybe get the x370 (the taichi costs 20kphp thats the cheapest)

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 C16 (2x8gb) 14500k php

tecware nexus (dunno if it will fit all this) 2.1k php

aerocool rave 600w 80+ bronze 2.8k php

samsung 850 EVO 250GB (mostly for boot ups) 5k php

seagate barracuda 2tb (file work storage) 4k php

WD BLack 1tb (game storage) 5k php

cooler - MasterAir MA410P - 2500 php

suggested build:

r5 2400G - 10500 php
Scythe Fuma - 6k php
MAI b350 tomahawk 8k php - Asrock b350 pro4 - 7900 php
Ram is fine - 14500 php
SSD is fine - 5k php
WD Black - 5k php
HGST 2tb Ultrastar 7k3000 - 7k php
Seasonic S12II 620w - 4k php
nzxt cast - 15k php cheapest i could find

prices are really bad here it doesnt reflect amazon much at all its at least 15% more expensive when you buy them here and i have a card to buy it on amazon.

and oh im currently staying in a hot area with no ac so i really think i need the cpu fan well at least more than the stock one…i dunno not a 100% sure on that

I totally understand the price difference of PC parts in South East Asia. With that said, If you could get that Seasonic PSU instead of Aerocool that would be great. I’ve actually read a review of the Aerocool Rave PSU, it was in Chinese, so this is a quick summary of it.

It’s good for Mid to Low-end PC, It has a good internal and external design and people with limited budget should consider it.

I think that PSU should be fine, I used to run a 1200W no-name Chinese PSU for years and that worked out just fine and most of the cyber cafes I’ve visited here in HK don’t use branded PSU.

We can’t really help you with the price to performance because we don’t know that pricing in the Philippines. But the part you listed out are fine so don’t worry about it.

As long as you don’t overclock then these parts you listed should be fine.

I think a case with better airflow will serve you better and as @The_Drugs said the AMD stock cooler works great. As long as you don’t overclock you don’t really need other CPU coolers. You could always buy it later.

If you’re worried about heat but dont want to spend much look around for a deepcool gammaxx 400. Should be available in your area, was in the asian market before the US. Also see about Reeven Justice or Ouranous, same story there. Cryorig and scythe should also have presence in SEA. The APU don’t make a lot of heat, at stock you’ll be fine for sure, and even with ambient temps around like 30c it could still probably handle some overclocking. Honestly, at the price difference between the scythe and the coolermaster, I would probably stick with the cooler master. Also look at maybe an older cooler of theirs, like the hyper 212.

With the price of x370 in your area definitely stay with b350. No reason to go with x370. The tecware should fit everything, but like @Old_Snake said it would be a good idea to look for a higher airflow case, especially given that you wont have AC. I cant recommend anything for your market, but to make sure everything will fit all you need to go is check that they can support 2 or more HDD (most cases do), check that they support ATX motherboards (most mid tower cases will), and check cpu cooler compatibility. Check the height of the cooler you’ll use on the cooler’s website, and then the max height on the case site. In the case of the coolermaster ma410p and the tecware nexus, the max height supported is 160mm (fairly standard) and the cooler is 158mm tall. So it will fit.

1 Like

Worst thing a stock CPU cooler can do is … not cool very well, so the CPU gets a bit slower sometimes.
For comparison: A bad PSU can literally burn your fucking house down.

4 Likes

got it. im sticking with most of the build but im gonna up the psu for sure.

i see, noted … im gonna up the psu to a seasonic and most likely go to the 212 evo cause its on sale today… or another option my friend suggested is to wait for the new 450 mobo this april since its april already and the new r2 coming out… heard they would offer a better apu. not sure if there is a huge difference if its minor nah ill go with what i can use and work with now.

The APUs 2200G and 2400G are brand new, hence the model number starting with 2.
The Ryzen refresh is happening on the upper end of the ladder, 6 and 8 core parts without graphics.

oh i see, so its pointless to wait for the 400 series board?

Hard to say without seeing the boards. If you’re not going to make a purchase until the boards are out, you might as well get the new chipset, but if you’re ready to buy now, there’s no harm in having a x370 or b350 IMO.

2 Likes

if ever in the future i could afford a 1070ti (more like a 1070) will the r5 2400g be ok with it?

It will be fine. Not great, but more than ok. The only case where it’d be a bit lacking is 144hz gaming, and that’s the same across the whole ryzen platform. For higher resolution, like 1440p or 4k though its a non issue, and in many cases ryzen performs better. Dont forget that you can upgrade on this platform through 2020, and zen 2 should launch at the end of this year. That should bring clockspeed improvements, which would solve the 144hz problems.

oh thats nice to hear… i really dont plan to get the current r7 line even if i could get a gpu… but i am waiting for the new 2nd gen ryzens… thanks for the help ive talked to local retailers and placed my orders

ryzen 5 2400g
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
MSI tomahawk B350
MasterAir MA610P RGB ( i got a good deal 30% less) 2400 php about 45$
Seasonic M12II EVO 620 full modular 80+ bronze
Samsung MZ-75E500 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB Internal SSD
2tb seagate baracuda (a friend who owes me big time gave it to me for free hence i upgraded the ssd choice)
and this case https://www.rakk.ph/Rakk-Hawani-Gaming-Case-Black/n/cfb127025847d9a6f388b59608a52ab243aef9d7.html

thanks for the inputs guys really gave me much options and ideas on how to improve the build and prepare for future upgrades… :grinning::grinning: now i can wait for my parts in peace without worry if they match or not :grinning:

total cost is 950$ with shipping COD charges included