My first build

Alright this is my first build and i would like it if you guys gave me some good feed back. Please tell me if there is a better product i shoud use or any other thoughts. 

Right now i want this rig to be mainly gaming and some online school work. No video or photo editing. My budget is probably $1000 but i would really love it if i could keep it under $800.

The build.

CPU I5 3570k

MOBO MSI Z77A-G41

GPU Sapphire hd7850 1GB

MEMORY Kingston HyperX blu 8GB

SSD OCZ agility 3 120GB

CASE Rosewill challanger u3

PSU OCZ modXstream 600w

ODD lite-on

is this a good enough build to be comfortable with everyday use and games like starcraft 2 and BF3?

Could i afford to go with a Radeon hd 7770? or a cheaper CPU?

do you plan to EVER overclock the CPU?

I do. 

you can use a flashdrive to install windows, its faster

that Asus board will overclock better than the MSI one, It also has USAP USB 3 which is REAL USB 3

660 is better at starcraft and BF3 and only cost a little bit more

660 vs. 7850

When you do want to OC get this Heatsink and put these Fans on it

Thank you very much. so you think i would be just fine without getting an ODD?

If you already have a 4GB or higher flashdrive, then it is not nessisary to get a ODD, if you for some reason need one in the future they are 17 bucks, but as often (or lack of) as you'll use a ODD you can just use your parent's/sibling's computer/laptop to burn whatever disc you need

to install windows with a flashdrive use this tool, its even straight from microsoft, I use it all the time, it doesn't like to play nice with sandisc flashdrives for some reason so I would put a image on one now to test it out

for more info look HERE

Your tool link doesn't work, but thanks for the help! 

Tek syndicate or microsoft apparently doesn't like me direct linking to the file, its on the second link, in red, you just have to look for it

0. Hey guys Tryed making my own post but didn't work =/ I need help what you guys think of the build I want to do, any idias would help let me know if this will work or not and what be better and stuff, and also What will I need to have my new PC working? ASAP please!        

1. ASUS HD6670-2GD3 Radeon HD 6670 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card      

2. CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B      

3. Western Digital WD AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive    

4. AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX   

5. ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM    

6. Foxconn A88GMX AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard    

Which one should I pick for this build?    

7. RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WU Black / Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case    

or     

7. DIYPC DIY-5823 B/S Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 1 x 80mm Fan    

8. Do I need to buy new Power Supply (PSU) if (yes) which one?    

nope

are you gaming, editing, OCing?  what is your current PSU? what is your budget? what country do you live in?

Yeh I want a fast computer and be able to play on it as well, I was going to stay around $400 - $500 Max I live in U.S.

curent computer is  HP Microsoft windows Xp media center edition version 2002 sevice pack 2 it's AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core prosessor 4200+ 2.19GHz 2.00 GB or RAM

"Nop" is it as no it's not the best build or nop it will not work?

not the best build

now if you already have a SATA HDD in your current computer and want to reuse it

then you can can get this instead

What you think about this?

• TOTAL: of Yours is $520 i added case  TOTAL: mine $550 or $560

OR maybe switch GPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129230     $185    to     http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130534 $60 Both are 256-bit and also it has that blue connector that I need. What you think?

some of those are some really REALLY bad choices, I mear really bad, like a 9800GT in 2012 it doesnt' matter that its 256 bit because its GDDR3 which is twice as slow as GDDR5, that and its arch. is pretty crappy compared to anything made in the last 4 years, not to mention its DX10 not 11, the 7850 comes with a adaptor that will let you use the Blue vga connector

http://www.hwcompare.com/12153/geforce-9800-gt-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-7850/

neither HDD is good for your Price point I have a Blue 1TB drive and its great, the Red drives are for NAS black is for people with money

that ram is slower and only 1 stick meaning you won't have dual channel which increases performance, you can't use 1600 but you can when you upgrade later to an ivy chip, a G860 is a great chip but its not a 3570K

case is overprice, under cooled hipster garbage, if you want something better than the case I listed then go with the Redbone or black bone, or thermal take V3

the PSU I listed will work just fine I've used over 60 rosewell Green series PSUs personally

I'm digging up some computer educational material so you can learn what exactly makes a graphics card fast so you know what to look for

also the price in the top right corner does not factor shipping/combo deal/Promo code savings, you need to go INTO the shopping cart to see the price, if you do you'll see my list is actually $3 short of 500, not 520

Yes it's 520 with the case I picked =)) But Thank You very much for your help my friend! So you think I should go with your build?

Smarter to wait until "Black Friday" and buy a HD 7870? They're already around $240 and I think they should drop a little?

Good Idea but I want something now, and waiting for 2 moth little too much. Should I go with his build what you think?

I think his build is cool. I'm looking to build a rig really soon also except......I want an i5! I think I'll have to settle for an ivy bridge i3 though because of the money. I didn't look at much of his build besides the gpu, and the cpu. I'd say if it's in your price range go for it. I really think though that with the sales coming up for the holiday now isn't a good time to purchase! Think of all the shiny cheap high quality components :P (Gaming can wait)