My first build, your opinion

Hi everyone,

I plan to build my first computer wich will be used essentially for gaming and other normal stuff. I have two options, one with an intel processor or the other with an amd. I would like to know what you think about my build in general and what i could change if necessary or recommended.

- I would alson like to know about the difference between the intel and the amd processor in term of gaming and long term usage as it will be my first and last computer I build. I want it to last long and play next gen games with the best quality as possible.

- Is the motherboard p8z77-v mobo a good board for what i plan to do ? and is the wifi thing good enough or should i buy a wifi card ?

- I also want to know about the graphic card. If there is better models in that price range. I plan to do overclocking so is there a better model then that one for that ?

Intel based build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JzMV

Amd based build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JG7b

Thank you very much guys for taking time to help me

edit: this is the top of my budget so please, dont go crazy because i also need to buy a monitor, a mouse and a keyboard.

if you want your PC to last, Get an intel!

1. If you're going to be gaming and want Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider, buy the 7970/7950.

2. You dont need 16GB of ram to just game and other general stuff, get 8GB instead, and get some fast RAM on the AMD build.

3. It's your choice on what CPU you get, the i5 and the 8350 are about even, but if you get the 8350 you can save ~50 dollars and get a better CPU cooler and overclock it.

4. Other than that it's fine, you dont really need a new DVD drive if you want to save 20 bucks, just take the one out of your current desktop (assuming you have one) and put it into your new one.

I would go for the AMD build. GTX 670 is good enough and well suited for that processor. In terms of gaming both perform almost the same.

can you tell me the difference with the gtx 670 FTW and the FTW LE ?

is the normal gtx 670 ftw more suitable for OC than the normal version ?

It's the exact same card except the LE version is slightly lower clocked, i think the normal FTW version is better.

the fx will also run better, because games will use more cores in the future. PS4 for instance is going to have an amd 8-core. The reason why games are slightly better on i5, and better on i7, is because max. 4 cores are used right now.

Well the PS4 is supposed to have streaming also, so maybe only 6 cores will be dedicated to gaming and 2 to streaming, but with hope 8 will be dedicated to gaming but when streaming youll only use 6 for gaming?

maybe you can disable streaming? But that probably won't happen, so maybe.

2 cores will be used for OS and security, much like the PS3, unless they find a different way to get around that one...

Yeah! If you want your PC to last, get a 1155 cpu! That's preparing for the future right there!

lolno.

NAH MAN U BETTER GET A INTEL NO MATTER WHAT, THOSE AMDS ARE SO DUMB THEIR COMPANY IS SO DUMB I MEAN ITS JUST SO DUMB LIKE REALLY INTEL>POOPOO>AMD LIKE AMIRITE?

tl;dr

I would go with a hydra cooler, or at least a havik, and go with an msi gtx 670, so you can control gpu voltage.   By the way, what mouse and keyboard were you looking at?