My First Build, Need advice/Help

So as ive seen there are quite a few people on here that need help or would like advise on their first build. Well i guess you can add me to the crowd. I have just about no expierence when it comes to building a computer. Anyways to get straight to the point i have a list of specs for the machine i want to build and just need advice on if i will expierence any difficulties or maybe a better decision on a component. So here it goes..

Mobo: ASRock B75 PRO3-M LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ...

GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

That is all i have for right now, the HDD i will get later when prices go down a bit (trying to keep the build under 500$ excluding the case) as well as the PSU and Optical Drive.. but this is basically the essentials right? I also already ordered an NZXT Phantom 410 Mid-Tower ATX case. Just because it looked boss.. but thats besides the point. I plan to use Win7 as my main OS but needed an Nvidia GPU for Linux support.. from what i hear/have expierenced Nvidia has much better driver support. I compile android on Linux and planned on using Win7 for my design work.. as i use PS and other adobe products. As well as game. Anyways thanks for any and all advise.

There shouldn't be copatibility problems, but that CPU is kinda cruddy, I would try to get an FX 6300 or higher.

Okay, I was thinking of just maybe going with Intel instead. Any ideas for an Intel equivalent to this CPU/Mobo?

Hard drive prices go up and down. Best I've seen are ~$70 for 1TB HD and ~$55 for 500GB. That's where they are now and will probably go up soon. 

Here's an Intel equivalent (minus the case): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wH6O

Intel and Nvidia are probably the best way to go for Adobe programs. It's $550 though... and I'm not too sure about that motherboard. This one would be better: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77pro3

It combos with the i3 3220 on Newegg so it will only be $15 dollars more.

Thanks that looks great. Right around the price range im going for anyways. Just need to sell my laptop now. That pretty much gets me there.

Just noticed the sales on the hard drive and i3 from NCIX end today. If you buy all the parts from Newegg it comes out more expensive: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wH2L

You can go cheaper but I think this is pretty good for the money and for your purposes.

One more question, Will i need any additional cooling products? I dont plan to overclock anything. Ill be just fine with the stock clocks. However when i compile android, it puts my current CPU at full load for about 30-60 Minutes depending on if im building clean or with ccache. Should i be okay with just the stock 3 fans i get with the case and the heatsink with the CPU? Or should i invest in seperate cooler?

Bump.

get the fx 6300 and a hyper 212 cheap with good performance

UM, im going Intel for this build. Just because for the price the i3 3220 beats the AMD equivalent at least from what ive researched.