My first build (in a while)

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here and was recommended the site by a friend. I'm building a new PC and haven't paid much attention to hardware in a few years so thought I'd run my specs by people that are way smarter than me. 

I've pasted my picks below, I didn't use PC Part Picker as it doesn't have some of this stuff, or it had a confusing number of variants.

How does this build stack up for someone that wants to do a lot of high end gaming and streaming. Also are there any compatibility issues anywhere there, really don't want a square peg, circular hole situation. 

I'm unsure about the motherboard the most.

Anyway, thanks in advance for lending me your expertise. 

-Z87X-OC Intel S1150 Gigabyte ATX Motherboard

-MSI GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4G Twin Frozr V 4GB (Maxwell)

-Intel Intel Core i7 4790S, 1150, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.2GHz, 4GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1200MHz GPU, 32x Ratio, 65W, Retail

-Cooler Master RS700-ACAB-D3 B Series 700W

-Kingston ssdNow SV300S37A/V300 120GB UltraSlim 7mm SATA 3 SSD

-Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB SATA 3 Hard Drive 7200rpm 64MB Cache

-Corsair Memory Vengeance LP Black 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9-9-9-24 XMP Dual Channel Desktop

-Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Mid Tower Silent Case USB 3.0 No PSU

Looks good.

That motherboard is fine. I like the Z97-A from Asus myself. It is decently priced OCs well and does everything you need and nothing you don't. That being said I noticed you went with the i7-4790S. That is a good CPU and while I wouldn't recommend an i7 for just gaming if you're doing a lot of streaming too it is a good idea. That being said it is the "S" variant. Not a "k" which means it is locked and you won't be doing any OCing. If that is the case then you are going to want to grab a different motherboard. A B85 or H97 would be a good choice there. Also, I would suggest a different CPU. Get a Xeon 1231V3. I know it is a Xeon but really it is just an I7-4770 without the iGPU and $120 off the price. I have one and it performs wonderfully. That would save you a bit. However if you do want to OC then you're gonna wanna keep the Z board and get a 4790K.

If you're gonna OC you also want good cooling. A Noctua air cooler. NHU-14S is a good choice. Performs as well as an H100i and is vastly quieter.

That 970 is fine. They are all good really.

PSU is fine but 700W is excessive. This rig will only pull prob ~400W. A 650 or 600W would still give you overhead but not be as much of overkill. But if the 700W isn't badly priced it isn't a huge deal.

OHH GOD THAT SSD. Please no stay far far far away from that piece of garbage. Kingston did a bait and switch and is now using sub par asynchronous NAND, has bad firmware and uses the crappy Sandforce controller. They will never reach their rated speeds. You'll be lucky if you get 120Mb/sec reads out of it. They are hardly faster than a HDD. They also have high failure rates. Look at the Crucial MX100 or Samsung 840 Evo. They are my go to SSDs.

I prefer WD HDDs. They are more reliable IMO. The WD Blue is a good drive.

Corsair memory is usually not recommended. It performs okay but is very expensive. Really overpriced. Any 16GB kit would be fine. In game RAM speeds don't matter. So just go with whatever RAM is cheapest.

Good case.

Thanks for that, great information, I really appreciate it.

Just to clarify, if I get the Intel Core i7-4790K, which seems likely, is my current Z87X-OC Gigabyte ATX motherboard ideal or should I get the Asus Z97-A as you suggested?

I've taken your advice on the SSD, HD and Ram and picked some alternatives. 

I would take a Z97 chipset just to avoid having to do any bios updates or have incompatibility issues.

When did they bait and switch the SSDNow components? I got mine about a year ago and has been rock solid.

Like 6-8 months ago. Trust me they are complete junk now.