My first build! Going with a white theme & need suggestions for a GPU and CPU fan

Edit: Thanks for the replies guys:) I'm leaving for work so I'll check everything out when I get home.

To begin I want a gtx1070 but every one is out of stock that I saw, so would it be worth it to get a gtx 980ti because I saw that they performed similar in benchmarks? I'm also willing to run integrated graphics for a while if needed.

Also what brand GPU brand do you recommend?

lastly does anyone have suggestions for a white cpu cooler with just as good performance and the noctua?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($160.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($83.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1474.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-10 15:26 EDT-0400

Galax makes a white GTX980Ti. I also think MSI may have a white themes one as well.

1 Like
3 Likes

I was going to post the same cooler, but couldn't remember the name brand!

1 Like

I was looking it up earlier today mostly for a build I want to do when I have the money which won't be for a very long time.

1 Like

You can go with the smaller brother...

it will cool well enough if you don't OC much and will show more of the Motherboard and the ram..
You can also go with this one...

Cools well enough and will introduce some white lighting in the case...
I would llike to remind everyone, that Nvidia falsely advertised 1070 as 370$ GPU... And we are talking about 491$ here...
PS: Also this is overspending of the highest order. You can easily take this build near $1300 and lose no performance.

1 Like

noctua cpu coolers are set up so the fans are interchangeable with just about any 120mm fan. you could just replace the fans with something like

if you want a noctua

edit the one you mentioned was a 140mm fan but you get the idea.

1 Like

What do you think of the Z170-A as a cheaper motherboard than the one I currently have?

Will I be able to do any overclocking with the enermax or Phanteks? I don't plan on doing anything crazy, just up to 4.0Ghz probably

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/enermax_ets_t40/
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Enermax/ETS-T40_Black_Twister/1.html
You can compare it directly to the other options...
The motherboard - i rather stay out of that, because for that price i would go X99...
550$:

You could get a GPU with a plastic cooler and paint it

As for CPU cooler, go with the other ones suggested
Depends how white its supposted to be
1 Like

You could get a GPU with a plastic cooler and paint it

That is a good idea. I have a friend who has his own plastidip business so I could have him paint it.

Plasitdip works, but watch the video I put there. I tried doing what the video said and it turned out quite nicely
I cant say Ive had personal experience with plastidip

I'll check out the video and probably do that if I don't like the color of the GPU I get

yeah, and the thing they say about the autoparts store is compltely true.
maybe do a build log and show us all

My friend did a Storm Shadow build a while back I think he ended up painting the card, but he talks about all the stuff he used here. If you hit him up on twitter he's fairly responsive and helpful too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Alh-sJKJg

I've seen it in person and it's gorgeous.