My Favorite Bands

Just some bands i like, because i'm a very shy bastard and would like to contribute to the metal scene here in anyway i can (even though i'm just listing bands), i recommend these bands. BTW i am not listing by which i like the most...

-Death Metal Bands-

1.Atheist

2.Edge of Sanity (Crimson and Crimson II)

3.Gorguts (Must listen to more!!!!)

Comment: Lets just say my brain hasn't built up for its grim, frost bitten, brutalness. OPETH IS TOO SLOW!!!!(Sry Logan)

-Black Metal Bands-

1. Naglfar (first album)

2. Profundi (not sure actually about genre)

Comment: Black metal is great! Just started listening to it though. I know about Dimmu and Cradle, i dont like them personally.

-Power Metal Bands-

1.Dark Moor (Halls of Olden Dreams & Gates of Oblivion)

2.Lost Horizon

3.Nocturnal Rites (Shadowland)

4.Blind Guardian

5.Running Wild

Comment: Oh the cheese. Just kiddding, I love power metal, but you'll notice that Nightwish, Stratovarius, and Dragonforce are not on here. I highly HIGHLY reccomend Dark Moor's Halls of Olden Dreams and Gates of Oblivion to any power metal fan.

-Heavy/Prog/Misc. Metal Bands-

1.Judas Priest

2.Iron Maiden (some good songs, but quiet inconsistent)

3.Queensyrche (Operation:Mindcrime)

4.Eluveitie

5.Bewitched

6.Tyr

7.Accept

NOTE: I fear that i am leaving out classics and some of the very founders of the genres/suggested. But honestly i haven't listened to some of them such as Black Sabbath, Mayhem, Immortal, Emperor (one song doesnt count), etc.

Bands I would like to try:

1.Watchtower

2.Spastic Ink (I think i mispelled it, and i'm not sure if its metal)

3.Suffocation

4.Thyrfing

So those are just some bands i like, i recommend some of them to you guys, sry for it being so long. I also am open for suggestions...

i listen to journey

tht is it

AFI, Cold Play, GORRIRAZ (Gorrilaz), Breaking Bejamin, Elbow (One song.), Kanye West, Scatman John, Bush, Chevelle, Depeche mode, i'm old skool.

A7X!

Eh...

CKY, Mindless Self Indulgence, Easy Does It, Eluveite, Coldplay, Flobots, Hollywood Undead, The Killers. Then of course all the classics, tears For Fears, Genesis, The Police, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Aerosmith...

Xezmer wrote 1 week ago »

AFI, Cold Play, GORRIRAZ (Gorrilaz), Breaking Bejamin, Elbow (One song.), Kanye West, Scatman John, Bush, Chevelle, Depeche mode, i'm old skool.

lol i hope that was sarcasm

AC/DC, Airbourne, ZZ top are a select few i listen to on a regular basis

The Acacia Strain, All Shall Perish, Animosity, As Blood Runs Black, As I Lay Dying, Beneath the Massacre, The Black Dahlia Murder, Carnifex, Cry For Silence, Dark Funeral, Depised Icon, The Faceless, Fate, Glass Casket, Hate, Lamb of God, Lord Belial, Neuraxis, No Souls Lost, Opeth, The Red Chord

Just got my Metal Collection back.

Black Label Society

Pantera

Metallica

Led Zeppelin

Jimi Hendrix

AC/DC

ZZ Top

Ozzy Osbourne (and black sabbath)

Way to many to list but ill go ahead with what comes to my mind:

Agalloch, Immortal Souls, OLD In Flames, Impending Doom, Cannibal Corpse, Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, The Faceless, Septic Flesh, Insomnium, Dark Age, Dark Tranquility, In Mourning, Crimson Moonlight, OLD Extol, Mors Principium Est, Swallow the Sun, Eluveitie, Becoming the Archetype, Evoken, Wintersun, The Black Dahlia Murder, COB, Mourning Beloveth, BEHEMOTH, Necrophagist, As I Lay Dying, Edge of Sanity, Non Human Level, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Opeth, Bloodbath, Arsis, At The Gates, Meshuggah....fuck that too long llol

for black metal...Dimmu and Cradle are the worst examples...

for more melodic or folk style black metal try:

Windir

Mörker

Borknagar

Draugnim

Fimbultyr

Shining

Rotting Christ

For modern style black metal:

Keep of Kalessin

Mörk Gryning

Cirith Gorgor

for starters...

my favorite band of the week is Silent Kingdom:

[img]http://www.walkrecords.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sk_cover.jpg[/img]

they are black/ death with an Arabian edge... or something like that... lol

Lamb of God is all I can think of right now after finding out that their new album is coming out this month.

Dir En Grey, System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine, Wolfmother, Immortal Technique

Try Unexpect. They are pretty cool.

As for me, its been a lot of Gatsby's American Dream this week with some Lawrence Arms, Immortal Technique, Adam's Out, The Midnight Life.

Logan wrote 27 minutes ago »

for black metal...Dimmu and Cradle are the worst examples...

for more melodic or folk style black metal try:

Windir

Mörker

Borknagar

Draugnim

Fimbultyr

Shining

Rotting Christ

For modern style black metal:

Keep of Kalessin

Mörk Gryning

Cirith Gorgor

for starters...

my favorite band of the week is Silent Kingdom:

they are black/ death with an Arabian edge... or something like that... lol

I am wearing a Dimmu shirt right now >< I do not love them, they are ok, got it as a gift haha.

Anyway, I don't listen to much Black metal really, just a LOT of xxx with black metal influences. Most of the black metal bands I listen are more the you know classic ones. Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Burzum, Nokturnal Mortum, Mork Gryning (because of you lol), Keep of Kalessin, Immortal, old Satyricon, etc. Nothing underground really, I would like to know more, I guess I just am too lazy to look for them :\ A good place to start would be your top albums of 2008 I guess :P

My brother tells me to try out Demilich(Fin), Demigod(Fin) and Immortal. I'm probably gonna try out Demilich and Demigod, but before i do, has anyone else listen to them before?

BTW I kinda feel like a jerk for not listening to Immortal. I keep thinking about it, then i see those ridiculous ass pictures of them posing and i cant stop laughing.

EDIT: I need to try out Dissection as well

[quote]2.Iron Maiden (some good songs, but quiet inconsistent)

[/quote]

your ridiculous and ill informed comment has caused you to just make my shit list

you have 3 days to live.

Infiltrator wrote 10 hours ago »

My brother tells me to try out Demilich(Fin), Demigod(Fin) and Immortal. I'm probably gonna try out Demilich and Demigod, but before i do, has anyone else listen to them before?

BTW I kinda feel like a jerk for not listening to Immortal. I keep thinking about it, then i see those ridiculous ass pictures of them posing and i cant stop laughing.

EDIT: I need to try out Dissection as well

Try Dissection, NOW. They are fucking amazing. So is Immortal, just don't watch their videos or pictures lol.

IN B4 TWITCH :D LOLS

Atreyu, And One, Armin van Buurin, Benny Benassi, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Crystal Castles, Daft Punk, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Linkin Park, Massive Attack, Mew, Mindless Self Indulgence, OceanLab, Pendulum, Rammstein, Static-X, The Panic Division, Trivium, Underoath.

Some of the top on my list to listen.

As you can see i love Electronica, Trance, etc.

hollywood undead is the best! check em out if ya havnt heard em :p