My AMD FX-8350 Build (Need Advice)

Hi, I'm on a tight budget and i'm trying to build a nice gaming rig. I want to keep this around $600 but i'll go to $750 if it's absolutely necessary. My current build is below. I was wondering if it's possible to shave some cash to make the build $600. The only thing I want to keep is the processor. Hope u guys can help me out.

This build will be primarily be used for gaming and video encoding (1080p). I will be mostly playing games like skyrim, gta, far cry 3, and bio shock at 1080p. I want to be able to play the games at max settings or as close to it. I live in the USA.

I already have the monitor, mouse, and stuff like that. I also have a 128GB SSD Drive for a boot drive and 2 3TB Hard Drives which will be used for storage drives.

CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core $193.97

CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $29.98

Motherboard ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 $119.99

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 $59.99

Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB $173.98

Case Thermaltake Chaser A41 ATX Mid Tower $94.26

Power Supply SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V $88.98

Total: $762.16

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/13PJa

Hi there! I would get something else than 650 ti boost. Get cheaper case and 7870 ghz edition, but if u really want to have nvidia gpu, get the 660. Also get 2 sticks of 4 gb ram.

Not that one game in particulars performance should sway your decision but..

Skyrim performs better on nvidia, i only mention this as you have it as one of the games you specifically want to play on your build.

You have to use the radeon pro utility and cap the frame rate just to make it playable on ati cards.

Tried it with both a 7850 and a 7970 and it was only playable after capping the frame rate.

Tried it on my brothers pc (almost the same build as mine 8350, 32gb ram etc..) except he had an old nvidia 450 and that worked flawlessly.

Not a huge issue, I am just annoyed that I have to resort to a third party utility to get my ati cards working properly.

As mentioned above, 2 sticks of memory will make a real difference (dual channel rather than single channel).

try upgrading the gpu to a 660ti, i currently own one and it has waaaay better perfromance than the 660ti boost. with the boost you may be able to pull off 25 fps in skyrim maxed out, The processor is solid and more than enough to do your build you could even go with an 8320 and save a few bucks you compensate for the extra cost of the 660ti.

thanks a lot for the info everyone. will go for a 2 stick or ram and maybe try to upgrade the video card. will get that last. hopefully there's a sale or something. ^_^

newer ever buy a 660 ti! 7950 is way better, it is actually better than 670! Im not AMD fanboy, I personally have gtx 770