Mutation666's Watercooled Build Logs

Currently working with EK on an part they said would fit the X399m when it first came out that actually doesn’t. So far while the process is time consuming (back and forth) they seem to be taking care of me.

So wont be able to water cool the VRM unless I try to do a custom block thing. Still working on that part of the project.

Rez is still up in the air, I want to have one but will probably try my hand at making one or try and sucker a co-worker with a lazer to cut me some.

1 Like

So I have a bit of a change of case coming, so its putting my project on hold. I ordered a cerberus case so that will be its new home.

http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

1 Like

Sneak peak of my build need m4 screws for the slim fans and the ram to get here

3 Likes

So ended up with 120x30(350w) and 92x45(220w) only for rad space have 120 blowing air on vrm

Need to order new pump top but that should be it so probably 1 more week. Ram should be here tomorrow

1 Like

Updated Pricing for new build so far
arts List:

Case
Cerberus Case:$250
Replacment USB 3.0 Header Cable $8

Components
CPU: TR 1950x $600 (sale after TR2xxx Launch)
Ram 4x16GB Crucial ECC 2666 (CT16G4WFD8266) $711
Motherboard: Asrock x399m $340
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070Ti $450
Storage
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB $198
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB $360 (Price I paid awhile ago)
EK M2. NVMe Heatsink Nickel x2 $30
NIC: Asus ROG 10G Expresss // (Got a year or so ago) $100.00
Fans: 3xNoctua NF-A12x15 PWM $60
1xNoctua NF-A9x14 PWM $16
PSU: SilverStone SFX 700W 80+Plat $145
CableMod Custom Cables
24Pin $42
8Pin EPS $22
8Pin PCIE$22
Radiators
HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS $35
HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis M92GTX $35
Pump/Rez
EK-XRES 100 DDC MX - Acetal $50
EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite(Sleeved) $122
(Could be cheaper, but using pump I had already)
WaterBlock:
EK-Supremacy sTR4 - Nickel Plexi $90
Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut (Included in block)
Fittings
Not completeed yet

Total Cost: $3,051 + XXX

You could definatly drop the price a bit from where my build is, but some parts are older and I put the price I paid when I got them and some parts were upgraded from older builds so the cost to mod to how I wanted it was a bit more expensive then just buying it already the way it would be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CNdcmq
Still working on that PCPartPicker link

1 Like

Forgot to post a picture, really need to take a better one, its going to go to air once AM4 Zen2 plus comes out and moves its life over to my wife owning it

1 Like

No longer water, due to Radeon 7 Gpu uprgrad coming soon

Optane drive did make it in finally like 1 year later

1 Like

Ordered some things to go back to water in an upgrade build when it happens (not sure when 100%)
Mainly new case Lian Li PC-010wx and EKWB for Radeon7

1 Like

New build is coming together waiting on parts tho
Case: Lian Li PC-010 WX
Mobo: Asrock x570 Taichi
CPU: R9 3900x
Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 - F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
PSU: SilverStone SFX 700W 80+Plat
GPU: Radeon VII
Storage:Samsung 970 Pro 512GB // Samsung 960 Evo 1TB

Not 100% on which storage will come over from 1950x build and what will stay. As well as what all of my WC parts will be used and if I will need to order new ones to maximize cooling (MIght want to get a 280mm instead of using two of the 240s I already have) Case eneded up being used due to it being backordered pretty sure its discontinued tho so Ordered that off Ebay last night ened up saving like $80 over waiting for new

So made some decisions on storage gonna move both over minus optane (gonna leave that for wife or move to server) And get her a 970 evo 500gb for boot/os

3 Likes

Case is here put the Mobo in but gotta get ready for work

2 Likes

Need to do Radeon gpu and start bending some tubes to see how everything is going to fit

5 Likes

Gpu blocked and installed

3 Likes

Tight fit! Looking good!

Yeah gonna have to do a plexy spacer its like 1cm to tall, or might just run no glass on the side, also might swap top fans to noctoua to not have two fan colors

1 Like

Now just need to get some fluid for it, move nvme drives over, fill and leak test, and set up install

Maybe swap fans too

1 Like

Filled ran power cables but need 24 pin extension so gonna wait till after my trip but just need that and should be ready for boot

2 Likes

First boot message around in bios

5 Likes

Aquacomputer aquaero 6 LT Made its way back into this build after not making the last one

3 Likes

Still have some things i need to update, and need to do a flush, but to busy with class this week to want to mess with it too much.

Pump is currently set to 40% power static, this might also change

Might also change these curves

3 Likes

So I am pretty sure my Chipset is overheating, gonna flip bottom rad fans maybe, or get a water block for it. I did have the fan profile on silent but aparently thats not good enough happend both times not after like 3-4hr gaming session. CPU didnt seem to be that hot (60s) GPU wasnt that bad either tho so I am assuming it was chipset, gonna turn on loggin on HWInfo next time I game just in case and keep and eye on the temp now as well. Seems like X570 chipset cooling in Taichi leaves a bit to be desired.

1 Like