Music to be Murdered By, Eminem is still going

New surprise album dropped by Eminem, just working my way through it now. Have to say I thought Kamikaze was a return to form, but that form is from the early naughties. Should he have hung up his gloves? Have we all moved on?

I like his early stuff, old as it may be it was fun and that does not age. I fell off in the middle did not like those albums and the later stuff, never even listened to kamikaze, though did chuckle that he used the Beastie Boys cover. I heard Venom at the end if well Venom and that sounded good like he is having fun again.

I will check this out later.

3 Likes

I would recommend Kamikaze definitely if you liked the older stuff. It’s a return to him going toe-to-toe with the rap community.

It’s pretty mental how many ‘disses?’ he fits into a single track. Would recommend reading Genius alongside some of the tracks such as ‘The Ringer’. Venom was one of the poorest tracks on the album I thought, so that should bode well.

https://genius.com/Eminem-the-ringer-lyrics

This new album is way more broody, which ain’t really my thing, but it’s better then some of the stuff he’s put out before such as Relapse.

1 Like

I never made it beyond the Marshall Mathers LP. I don’t think I could sit down and listen to it now.

Peak Marshall

1 Like

I definitely could and do sometimes. Reminds me of simpler times and friends. And I always appreciate humour in music. If an artist regardless of genre is having fun and really into it I can enjoy it endlessly.

1 Like

Love going back to some of my older albums, reliving a bit of nostalgia. Sometimes I just find it hilarious what I used to be into

2 Likes

I dont wanna date myself but I was still pretty young and impressionable when I heard that album (probably too young to understand some of the undertones) and my tastes have changed significantly.

I can still hear criminal in my head when I think about it though.

1 Like

Oh me too, definitely in the same boat I have gone back and read through the lyrics and they surprised me sometimes.

2 Likes

Dont ask me how I went from that to metal.

I dont have answers.

2 Likes

These day’s I can only really listen to ambient music, I either don’t have time or I can’t concentrate on what I’m doing otherwise. It’s all about the low-fi beats… and they better have an anime girl reading a book otherwise can it truly call itself low-fi beats??

2 Likes