Music making tutorial?

I think it would be sweet if you guys could make a video showing us how you go about making your music. I've always wanted to make music, but  every time I try I get really frustrated and shit myself with rage and disappointment. Thanks guys! 

A fun start is to use Rebirth Easy to use 808, 909 and 303 emulator download for free:

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/downloads/rebirth/

lots of song downloads there to mess around with too,

A tutorial for the ipad version (functionally the same as pc) is here: http://youtu.be/blva_MLIn7U

You need to grasp some fundamentals of music theory, or you will only ever be making noise. 

when the music hits you feel no pain

White folks say it controls your brain; I know better than that, that's game.

or 

So hit me with music, hit me with music Hit me with music, hit me with music now.

I'm not so sure about that. I started with playing an instrument - there was no time where i sat down to learn the fundamentals of music theory. I think one could develop a sense of those fundamentals by just playing around with music.

This would probably be different if you want to do classical music.

If you quit with fustration you should lower your goal. Maybe start with creating cool sounds instead of making a whole song (which can be much much work!)

This rule could apply to electronical music and playing instruments as well.

I never learned music theory until I had been playing guitar 5 years or so. I was one of those dudes who could just play. No lessons or anything and I was jamming along with most metal and rock I heard. 

I played in a hardcore band and we almost got to the point of recording before things went south (before the days of portable recording). Someone suggested I take music theory a so I went for lessons. It did up my game but I don't think it's totally needed. 

Oh, and to OP, get reason and an oxygen keyboard and start playing around with the synths. 

Did you pick up a guitar and suddenly know cords, measures and Scales? No, every time you mimicked a song you were getting a music theory lesson.

The OP want to learn composition, not how to cover a song, and without knowing the very basics like 2&4s 1&3's they are going to stand no chance making music with software or hardware that is at its core designed around Rhythmic meter.

You can't do maths without knowing numbers, but you can still mash a calculator.  

It is easy to become frustrated with composition. Even though, I do know enough to write music; I haven't been practising, and it makes it all the harder to compose.

I don't know what specific thing you are having difficulty with. I can tell you that it does take practice, in addition to learning music theory. You do need to learn music theory. People with perfect pitch are 1 in a million.

Getting to grips with scales and chords is the first step. Which, if it is explained in the right way, is quite easy to understand.

I think we are arguing over the definition of "learning music theroy"

In my opinion you don't need to sit down with a dry textbook about music theory - in your opinion you must get an understanding of the basics of music theory. So we can be on the same side on this. I just think that those music theory-basics comes naturally if you are playing with an instrument (not learning, not working, just having fun with music for some weeks)

Btw. - cover some songs could be a way of learning how you could compose some own.

Or Reaper and any other MIDI-Keyboard. :D

Btw. dont get stuck on finding VST's! This is a topic where one can waste many hours instead of making music! Its better to search some tools (EQ, Comp, Delay, Reverb, etc.etc.) and some Instruments (Some synths that you like) instead of horting tons of VST(i)'s that you never will use! Limitation can be a very inspiring factor.

Dont get me wrong, I TOTALLY agree that actually picking up and playing with a instrument is a excellent and intuitive way to grasp some basics. 

But, OP seems to be interested more in sequencers and samplers that are a little less intuitive IMHO.