Mtgox actually was ddosed

It was the Central Banks that did through the NSA!

"Do you even know how DDOS attacks work?" I'll toss this one right back at you. It's called having a botnet of shelled servers. Hell, I know one guy who rents cheap little $5 vps's and finds a 0-day in the entire hosting network. Once you do that you now have the entire network rooted which nets you a couple hundred shells. That guy in particular just sold about 8,000 or 800 shells (my memory fades me on the exact number) for about $5k. Now back to the finnish guy, he along with another friend recently put together a massive botnet. He went around testing it out on several major sites such as minecraft.net, hackforums.net (that place should be eternally burning), and a couple big forums. Eventually one day someone was discussing bitcoins in the irc and how much they had spiked. This guy took upon himself to drop the site and see what happened. After a bit of having the site down the price dropped so he told everyone about it and they waited for him to drop it again so they could buy more BTC. 

Lol, he tried to do it again today: http://blog.linode.com/2013/04/12/security-notice-linode-manager-password-reset/

I'm just curious why you try to prove that you are right and we are wrong? You made your post, some people will find it bullshit some not, why go to this trouble and try to convince that what are you telling is thrue?

P.S. Sorry for my spelling, not english and spell check doesn't work using "rich-text" for some reason :) 

Five seconds of typing is no trouble.