Msi gtx 980 compatible cooling block?

Hi i'm going to build a computer in a week or two don't know if i'm using a gtx 970 or 980 yet, anyways whichever card i choose i'm going to be running the stock cooler for a while so i don't want reference, however i don't know of any blocks that fit the msi 980 does anybody know of any? thanks

2 Likes

doing a custom loop 

2 Likes

Oh cool! I didnt know they made universal blocks with the bridges on them, that's the whole reason i was trying to avoid them but i see the ones you recommended have a bridge, and they are cheaper than a full block, and they are reusable like you said so i'm really digging this idea i, I'll be going this route for sure

2 Likes

well this is my pc part picker list. it's a fairly budget oriented loop for instance im using barbs instead of compression in the areas where you wont be able to see it. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TTYnMp

2 Likes

I'm aware this configuration isn't the best but i don't need 200 dollar parts i just want something simple that performs better than closed loop i'm not looking to make a 5.5 ghz overclock or something insane, with that said if you still insist the pump is too weak i would like to do one of the two A. Get higher flow rad and block to alleviate pressure on the pump or B. upgrade the pump but stick with the cheaper rad. also im getting the pump seperate from the res for purely aesthetic purposes.

2 Likes

Is there a good pump you could suggest below a D5? I know they are the best and if i had money to throw around like crazy i'd get all the best of everything, but after the pump and top im looking at double the cost of my original choice.

2 Likes

thanks i bookmarked the page :)

2 Likes

since you seem so keen on charts do you have anything comparing those fans to other fans?

2 Likes

so am i understanding this right, the cfm is only measured for an area of 3.66 inches? 

3 Likes