Msi 970 gaming mobo beeping dives me crZy

Yup, one of first things I tried.

Strange.

Well, you mentioned that you're using two 4-pin power connectors for the CPU, instead of an 8pin. I can't imagine this being a huge issue, but is there a way you can try someone else's PSU (or have a spare PSU) to see if that might be it?

If not, and all other variables have been eliminated, it may be time to RMA it, or somesuch.

RMA? What's that?

looks to me that there might be something wrong with this motherboard.
But what do you exaly mean by beeping? it only beeps and doesnt work atall?

You say that it doesnt beep wenn you have it outside the case.
But does the Motherboard work?

If the motherboard works fine outside the case,
then there will be most likely a grounding problem with the case somewhere.

RMA = Return Merchandize Authorization. When you RMA a product, you contact the seller, or the company, and get authorization to return the product for a refund, or replacement.

Companies that are nice will not charge you, although other companies may charge you for the shipping.

The mobo works fine, inside it keeps beeping and that makes me think that something is wrong. How do I check that?

So it beeps in the case, but it still works?

Yes.

I think there could be a grounding problem.

• Try and install the motherboard without the io shield.
  • Next to that dont tighten the mobo screws to tightly.
  • Did you use the correct motherboard screws?

Okay did that and no change still beeps.

I RAM'd it and got Gigabyte 970A-DS3P. Gott to love European consumer laws.

hmmz weird, well then rma it i guess.

Thanks for all the help.

The new card id beeping too. lol I came to think that is because of the processor since its old. But hey what do I know.

well my amd system has a soft whining noise too, not sure if its the same sound as you have.
But it could just be coilwine ofc.

I have the same mobo with a FX8350 and it's basically silent.

Gigabyte has a feature in its BIOS that causes the mobo to produce a beep like youre describing when a system fan "fails". I've had EasyTune's S.M.A.R.T setting dialed down to 10% fan at lowest thermals and it sometimes thinks my fan failed and whines at me. I've been able to fix it by putting them at the default of 35% at lowest setting and ramping up from there. I'm not sure if MSI has a similar feature in their BIOS or not but it seems like a good place to start checking.

Make sure you dont have any wonky system fans that are stalling out or what have you, and that you dont have the RPM set too low in any software you might have controlling the fan speeds.

Actually my case fans are conected to external contoler that came bould in the case. As said before my CPU coller is a closed loop system from kühler. I'll check up the strings in BIOS too. Thanks.