MS Outlook unexpected issue

Some of my email messages from Inbox are obviously disappeared. Today I’ve tried to find it, but I couldn’t. They are very important, because of they are from my boss. I’m using MS Outlook 2007 on Win 8.1.

Do you know what kind of email account you have setup in Outlook? It would most likely be a POP3, IMAP, or Exchange account. You can find this info by going to the Control Panel, then Mail, select the profile (should be only one most of the time), and then click properties.

Depending on how Outlook is configured, older messages may not populate in your inbox, search, etc… Are you missing messages of a similar vintage? You may just need to scroll to the bottom and click “view more results”

Are you the administrator of your computer? Or is it a work computer and account?
Our company also has a retention policy applied to our inbox. Anything older than 4 months in the inbox will be deleted. If your account is administered through work, talk with IT.

You have to check the following folders first:

• Check the Junk Email Folder.

• Check the Other Tab. Sometimes if the focused inbox is enabled then the message might be in the other tab. Select the other tab and see if the messages are there or no.

• Check the Deleted Folder. If the messages have been moved in this folder then you have to restore it by selecting the message and then Restore it.

• If not then Check the Filter Menu, Archive Folders, or Check your Rules.

Thread closed as it was outside the guidelines for thread revival. Please PM me or another moderator if you feel the thread was closed in error. See the FAQ for more information.

Feel free to create a new thread if you wish to continue this thread’s conversation.