'Mr. Robot', new - actually decent - Hacker/Drama series *SPOILERS*

Guessing she was “recruited” by Cisco during the whole CD thing in season 1? Promised revenge against Evil Corp.

That, or Mr Robot set up that relationship at some other point. Which is why she can tell the difference between him and Elliott.

Currently watching netflix trial 24/7 cause I aint payin’ no money for that. :stuck_out_tongue:
Gonna binge the whole thing when it is out on prime.

Just watched 5th episode. It was fucking lit, I could feel the tension. Probably the best episode this season so far.

1 Like

If that’s not the best season finale you’ve ever watched, you’re lying.

I have no words.

Are you kidding me? The pilot/first episode was a shitshow. I won’t watch this crap based on that episode.
The entire premise is completely laughable and cringeworthy.

The episode called Don’t Delete me was the weakest one from the entire show so far. I was so bored watching that. Also Darlene needs to STFU and stop trying to help because she just makes things worse.

I just watched the last episode and I don’t really like the direction they are taking. They lost so much to get to this point and now Elliot is turning 180*. Or is it because he believes that Evil corp are not evil but the Dark Army is? Also isn’t White Rose and the Chinese mafia dude the same person? Their faces look similar.

Also the other chinese dude (I don’t think they ever said his name) that shot him self, he said something in mandarin but it wasn’t translated for me. And why did he kill himself? By the way Darlene fucked up big time. Things would be better without her trying to help.

Ahh I just realised something. In the last episode when Eliot says Romero didn’t do it, he was just spying on us. Doesn’t that mean Mr. Robot was the one who killed him because of that? Romero’s death was never explained

Irving (the fixer type character) tells Grant (the chinese dude) that he is in the same position that Irving was before when he was younger (probably the lover or favourite of Whiterose) and upon realising that Elliot was now taking his position, even unwittingly, decides to kill himself probably due to the fact that Whiterose no longer loves him or has affection for him. He has been replaced.

Whiterose and the Chinese mafia dude are the same person, portrayed by BD Wong.

I think Elliot realises that he is just being manipulated by all of them (the 1% reference) and that the people he has hurt (everyone else) don’t deserve to be in the situation that he has placed them. Hence his alter ego Mr Robot putting a failsafe in at the last moment (the keys to decrypt).

He’ll probably be stonewalled by the Dark Army’s new mole FBI Agent Dom DiPierro.

Also Romero was supposedly killed by a stray bullet fired by a neighbour, but I bet that all changes in the next season and we find out Mr Robot was the one that killed him. Just a hunch.

Edit Also the Mandarin he says is “Take care of her”.

3 Likes

Have any of you looked over the commands that they use? Some of them are legit and then some seem partially right with some nonsense thrown in.

Take this one for instance (took a picture of the TV):

Elliot has some sort of malware on the remote host that’s presumably letting him ssh to it through a socket on 22381, so I guess that makes sense.

The next command looks like it’s monitoring keystrokes and looking for whatever is entered after the username (gary-whatever)–presumably the password. But then there’s cat /dev/nu11 which as far as I know is nonsense… is there a keylogger that records a stream to /dev/nu11 to make it look like /dev/null? Is that even possible?

Clearly, I have no experience hacking into computers and checking keyloggers, but I’m just curious if this makes any sense.

I grew bored with the show middle of season 1 but have been meaning to give it another chance because of all the hype and reading this thread for the most part hasn’t helped.

Oh, also I know I’m a few years late but:

DEFCON 19: The History and the Evolution of Computer Viruses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2g9lgYrYJM
perhaps not quite dancing and/or singing, but some certainly were audio visual. Not timestamped but IMO the whole video is well worth watching.

1 Like

This season was good. Did anyone else catch the fact that Phillip Price gave the “I am your father” speech, the same week as the 2nd Star Wars (trilogy) episode was released. Hmmm

As far as Bobby Cannavale, by far one of the best characters and actors this season; and most definitely better than his character on Will & Grace

K

2 Likes

They are all legit.

In a panel, they discussed how the director will ask a team of devs to create code that’ll advance the plot.

I have a feeling that season 3 will be more just drama rather than technical. Most tv series end up becoming more drama focused.

1 Like

We’ll see.

It finally happened! We have waited for this title … soooo long!

Screenshot_20191029_150031

2 Likes

Waiting for 404 Not Found
Me, an intellectual: 518 I am a Teapot

2 Likes