'Mr. Robot', new - actually decent - Hacker/Drama series *SPOILERS*

He must have a screw loose, like just about everybody in the show.

Also, if his dad is alive that means his mom could be too right? Unless I'm forgetting something?

Maybe something happen very serious between Eliot and his mother and cause the "memory loss".
But yeah i want to see where they going it with Tyrell now that he "knows" about the Fsociety and i found he's behaviour very strange when he was talking about it with his wife

Right? That episode blew my mind!

As far as figuring out what really exists and what doesn't, I'm going on the theory that scenes which show characters interacting that don't involve Elliot means those characters exists and their actions really happened because all of Elliot's hallucinations thus far have him participating in the moment. The series is starting to remind me of Lost because of the wild unpredictability. Will a black smoke monster show up in the next episode? :o)

1 Like

Agreed, I'm convinced that he's real.
Now the question is the whole conspiracy of Mr. Robot's apparent "death"? What's the cover-up there?

I think Tyrell had a momentary - more crazy than usual lapse of insanity. What was meant to be more of sexual blackmail became full-blown murder, probably out of frustration of things not going according to plan previously...

This ^ , also I think it might have been Mr. Robot himself that wiped Eliot's memory. Eliot and F-Society would benefit if Eliot had memory loss, there would be no personal accountability. As long as it didn't interfere with his work. Either that or F-Society has an ulterior motive and planted evidence in his apartment and took advantage of his schizophrenia. It would be really interesting if they turned it into a situation where it's not easy to tell who's morally justified in their actions, it seems like the show is headed that direction anyway. As long as they don't disown hackers I'm ok with it, we don't need anymore fictionalization of hackers and their motives. Movies have already created a stigma surrounding anything sounding remotely nefarious involved with technology.

1 Like

I take what I said back :D
What a crazy episode!

1 Like

Just started watching its actually pretty good

I was stoked when I watched the 1 episode months ago, it seemed quite good.... now after the release of the show and nearing the end of the first season, I'm not so sure.
When you watch some episodes again - like the one with the ras_pi, its cringe-worthy.
Now last week he magically notices the family photo on his shelf.... really...

Well, he was called out on the whole raspberry pi explanation in the episode, and as far as the picture... Have you seen episode 9? There is a good reason.

1 Like

1 Episode left for Season 1.

Just so you all know, the finale is being postponed due to similar themes to the recent Virginia shootings.
It will air September 2nd.

It's obvious when you know Ninja, the guy from Die Antwoord, that South African duo that made a song featured in FarCry3 (fink u friki)
They are messed up

Actually he's crazy.. So maybe if he saw it he wouldn't make a connection.. I also find the last episode to be a little try-hard.. But I enjoyed it nontheless

I loved it when she goes like "duh, we know what a raspberry pi is...."
At that time I was going "are you kidding me!? That's frikking raspberry, who are u trying to fool??"
Great show
Not for everyone

1 Like

Well, this show certainly has its highs and lows. I probably shouldn't have watched 8 and 9 back to back... My mind is really confused right now.

How did Ollie end up working for Allsafe longer than Angela? The company will go under before they even realize that it was an internal hack to begin with. Allsafe really is a bad c-sec company for what it's worth.

Also, what the heck is Tyrell doing? I understand he pretty much has nothing now (lost his job, Joanna, and his newborn son), but I can't see him working at fsociety. I mean, come on, he uses KDE and not Gnome. Gosh. Get with the times, you old exec.

2 Likes

I think Tyrell will probably rat Elliot out at some point. Unless he actually wants to take down E-Corp as much as the rest of fsociety does, which is believable considering he lost his job, family, and is already a prime suspect for the murder of that one woman.

Awesome bro, thx! Ran out of series till they continue in octobre :D <3

There is no way Tyrell want to take down E-Corp.If they ask him back he will go with the tail behind his feet.

That's also a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.