'Mr. Robot', new - actually decent - Hacker/Drama series *SPOILERS*

I think most people were thrown off by the scene not because it was a gay sex scene, but because it was so unexpected.

I thought to myself "What the actual fuck?" when that scene happened.

I hear you. I fully expect some violence here, and over time I expect that we see Elliot in even more damage than he's currently in.

Relevant for pun.

I feel he might be the candidate for the CTO position, or have some other relevance too.
I agree with both of you, my first reaction was "wtf?!". Definitely came out of left field.

Lol. That bloody Appletini. Yes, I thought that too.

I want to see the type of people that Angela would go for after Ollie. I think it'll be hilarious.
I just don't understand how he's working at Allsafe, he seems incredibly technically handicapped.

I wonder if we'll see more self/Mr. Robot harm to Elliot. I've got a feeling that things will eventually get quite drastic.

1 Like

Pretty good too. The characters are less relatable, I mostly identify with Cameron as she's the most like any modern individual now. Joe seemed slimy and manipulative in the beginning, but he seems to be gaining some humanity. Gordon is just a moldy fundamentalist that I can only relate to in his interest towards computers.

Episode 4 was definitely the "high"light of the show...

Budum tss...

4 Likes

facepalm

I actually enjoyed the episode. It was hilarious.
It was a hell of a head-fuck.

I loved how they took the piss out of the film 'Hackers'.

How come the episodes are being released so quickly now? I remember it took over one month for EP02 to come out.

Every Wednesday, now. But I watch it on Thursday since the upload it on USA's website.

I just finished watching the first four episodes, I'm quite imoressed. That episode 4 mindfuck though.

Look forward to the next

I was blown away by the show. Hopefully it will last longer than 10 eps and get renewed for a second season. Very interesting, keeping me on toes. In the meantime of waiting for another ep, is there any other show, that portraits computers and IT personnel in a credible fashion?

You're in luck, because it's already been renewed for a second season.

1 Like

im half way through the first episode, I am so happy that this isn't the BS hacking that TV and Movies portrays. And all the use of CLI.

It was renewed for season 2 even before the first episode officially aired.
The first episode was released a month in advance on exclusive sites as a form of promotion I believe.

Check out 'Halt and Catch Fire'.

If you want something for laughs, check out Silicon Valley.

Fifth episode was probably my favorite so far, even more than the first.

"Can we just hash this out like adults? I LOVE you!"

hahahaha. Friggin Ollie.

1 Like

I didn't get a chance to finish watching the new episode all the way through. I'll have to do that later.

Any thoughts about the last episode?.

FUCKING BRUTAL!

I've gotta say I didn't see the whole family thing coming at all. Holy crap, an excellent twist.
Now to question why he "erased" himself, and who he thinks he is?
I'm uncertain on whether Mr. Robot exists... The fact that he was meeting with Tyrell has me questioning if he actually exists.

And the brutality of Tyrell's wife, Joanna stabbing herself to break her water - She is bloody psychotic. Their plan for corporate domination seems to be more important that their own child?! What?!

As per the Dark Army, it's dragging. Something needs to happen within the next two episodes.

Excellent turn of events, a show that actually keeps you on your toes. Loving it.

+1

Plus he threatened Romero. So he exists imho

That last episode blew my mind. This show is freaking crazy. I'm still wondering what Tyrell really wants, he and his wife always talk so ominously. But the fact that Mr Robot met with Tyrell makes me think corporate espionage.

Also, if his dad is alive that means his mom could be too right? Unless I'm forgetting something?

Also, OP should probably add a spoiler tag in the title of this thread.

2 Likes

I'm wondering why he killed her. He supposed to have sex with her, that's what his wife told him to do.