Mp3 player upgrade decisions

Idk if this is the right place to post this, but I'm long due for an upgrade from my zune HD. Is there any good mp3 players out there that have decent space for way too much music? I don't like ipods or iTunes, so those are a no go for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

How much space do you need? What kind of headphones are you using? And what is your budget?

You could do something like this

If you want something a bit slimmer than I think this would be good

Then just get a large storage micro sd card and dump all your music on it I usually use this website when deciding on different audio stuff it might help you.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/portable-source-components

1 Like

If we're looking at MP3 players I think we should also look at some smartphones as well.

The ZTE Axon 7 has a AK4490EN which is extremely solid, considering the AK4490 is in devices like the Schiit Modi 2 Uber. Just slap a microSD in there and you have tons of storage.

HTC 10 is super pricy for just a mp3 player, but it too has very solid audio.

Android phone > OTG > Stoner UD110/120 > C&C BH is a good budget solution.

Sorry for the wait. Been working myself to death the past few days.
I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, but without sacrificing quality. I don't really have a set budget, but sub $150 would be preferable. As for storage, 16gb+ should do it, or if it has an SD card slot, that could work. I mainly use my zune in my truck where it stays semi permanently. I noticed a huge difference in quality between my zune and my phone playing the same file, so I knew that a decent built in amp is probably the reason for that. I'll look at some of the ones you posted too just in case