Mozilla to lay off 250 employees

Yes, I think Mozilla is a social justicey company and they found a better (for them) plug-in system that gives them more control.

1 Like

Ask me in 2008 if Mozilla would build a walled garden around their browser and I’d have checked you into a mental ward…

Wasn’t it Google that dropped support for that API in Chrome first, and Mozilla then eventually followed suit, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

:man_shrugging: no idea

I delete useless things. Unlike a computer, we humans have fixed-size hard drives.

Your head would only run into a storage capacity issue after around the 900-year mark of being alive IIRC.

Depends on how frequently you learn.

you are 100% recording everything you see and hear all the time and storing it, however, the way the brain works your memory works on the concept of ‘noisiness’ of the neurons.

There was a neat thing I saw about it a few years ago but it was indeed fascinating.

Gotta work on those read errors then. :confused:

yeah so like the more pathways you create the more resistant this knowledge is.

It also “compresses” data by focusing on the things that matter. Aka, our brain bakes our biases straight into our memories. Kinda scary, really.

2 Likes

They would just make Firefox closed source.

Everything else they’ve done regarding open source leads me to believe that that is incorrect.

It is. A quick look suggests they made the plug-in for the new platform anyway. So the idea that Mozilla changed their entire plug-in platform for one plug-in is untrue. Their policy of blocking plugins because it hurts their fee fees has nothing to do with the technical capability of the extension platform.

1 Like