Movies from DVR

I have a question for everyone, and it has probably been answered several times over in the forums and on other sites, but I would like to move recorded shows from my DVR to my home server. I enjoy F1 racing and would like to archive the races for later viewing but my DVR is full so I would like to move those files from the DVR to my media server. How can I do this without having to record each movie with a screen capture device. Is there a way I can move the files over the network or copy the files to a thumb drive and move them that way.

I take it you can't browse the DVR storage? Is there some type of DRM that needs defeating?

Sometimes downloading files you legitimately own isn't the end of the world. Many years ago when faced with ripping my entire CD collection my friend suggested just downloading them for a torrent site and learning to live with the guilt. It's not like there isn't a pile of CD's sat there, so no harm no foul.

Having a quick look and there are DVD rips of F1 available for download.

Thats just it. I downloaded my entire movie collection. I was not about to sit and rip each dvd that I owned, that just wasn't happening. I, however, do not endorse pirating but when I own the movie, music or whatever, sometimes its just easier to download the copy than spend all of the time trying to rip it.

I have not gotten to involved in dealing with the DVR yet. I wanted to see what everyone had to say about it first before I did something stupid and lost all of my recorded shows. The DVR is an AT&T one. The one that comes with the instillation gear so I don't know if its encrypted or what.

I also have AT&T. I'm still living with my parents so they pay and chose the package, and we got the cheapo u200 package and there is no export option. I brought up the package because I do not know if other package have other options.

Edit: doing some googling the only way that I have seen is done by a separate capture device.

Same here. The only option that I have found so far is record all of the shows separately through a different device. What I may do from now on is just run the At&T box through a PC with a capture card in it and record all of the shows as I watch them so this doesn't happen again.