Motherboard & RAM Compatability

I'm looking at upgrading my system as some of you may or may not know, I've been looking at the Asus H110I Plus as it does everything I need, and I don't plan on overclocking anything. Well as I was looking at the specifications, I noticed that the motherboard specifications stated how it'll accept RAM that's DDR4 and 2133MHz. I then thought I'll get some decent enough RAM, so I looked at Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz dual channel, well the specs on that RAM stated how it'll work with either the X99 chipset OR the Z170 chipset.

I'm sure that it'll also work with the H110 chipset, right? I mean the RAM meets the motherboard requirements if I'm not mistaken. I don't mind buying a Z170 chipset, but it seems a little pointless as I don't plan to overclock, at all.

Can someone confirm that I'm correct in assuming that the RAM and the motherboard ARE compatible with one another? - I see no reason as to why they wouldn't be.

That memory should work totally fine yes.

I thought as much, but I thought I'd get a second opinion as I don't want to buy the hardware only to then find out it doesn't work all because I'm a useless dope. I am sometimes too dopey, do thank you for the reassurance! :)

Well, I had issues with my Asrock board and a pair of Corsair ram... So yeah...
On the other hand the gigabyte board, that I had before I got the Asrock was working totally fine with a pair of sticks outside it's compatibility list for something like 7-8 years... So yeah...
It should, but it may not...

Generally, it's fine if it matches, but there are cases where it won't. If it makes no difference to you, buy something from the QVL for your mobo. That, or test it out and return it if it doesn't.