Motherboard BIOS issue

I have basically checked all possibilities.
The one thing I am left to do is swap hardware.

Yeah the only question will be what the best decission is right now.
I mean you said you could get a RX480 cheaper then what you could sell your RX580 for.
Basically those are the same cards, just better clocked.
So in that regards you will not loose much performance.

On the other hand a motherboard is probablly cheaper to buy.
And it does not really hurt to buy a better board anyways i guess.
You can allways sell your current board for a reasonable price.
Maybe you still can get a 75 bucks for it back or so.
Not sure what your particular board costs new right now?

1 Like

Or you could keep the current board as spare.

1 Like

Nopeā€¦ I canā€™t get more than 50 euroā€¦ New this thing is 70 euro, so 50 absolute maxā€¦

I want to try a couple things before I do whateverā€¦ I will play with the ram first.

That wonā€™t work. Itā€™s destinctively cheap, cause itā€™s a mining card. No video outputs and mining BIOSā€¦ I checked.

Thatā€™s the plan honestly.

My biggest issue is what board to buyā€¦
The cheapest option is X370 PRO4, but that is the same board basically, so the cheapest option is X370 Killer SLIā€¦
I can go for B450 Gaming K4 and hopefully the new gen board would clean those issues.
X470 boards are WAY too expensive for my taste.

But my brain keeps telling me to just get rid of the GPU and get another oneā€¦ I have 480 and I can replace it with 580 for not too much money, cheaper than the board swapā€¦

Ah then i miss read one of your posts above i guess.
Well it could be worth a try basically.
Because if its cheaper to get a RX580 now, then yeah why not.
If it turns out not being the issue, then its not really wasted money basically.
With a motherboard, if it turns out that the board isnt the issue.
Then you sorta kinda wasted money if you at it in that perspective.

But yeah decissionsā€¦

2 Likes

I am not going to do anything right now.
I need to gather some kind of money.

IDK. There is something about that GPU, that just bothers my brainā€¦

Iā€™m honestly willing to lose performance and get 570 or 470ā€¦ I donā€™t mind. I just want it to workā€¦

1 Like

Well yeah if you put in a different gpu, and the system then works fine,
no crashes in bios anymore.

Then yeahā€¦ its kinda weird.

2 Likes

Soā€¦
I removed the battery and left the system apart for a whileā€¦
No dealā€¦

I tried booting with 1 or 2 sticks of ramā€¦
No dealā€¦

Tomorrow I will try and move the GPU to the second PCI-e slot and see if that helps.

1 Like

I wonder how a GPU would make the computer not boot.

1 Like

Right.
My plan is this
Of nothing helps, I will get this board next month:

That is the cheapest board I am not worried about working with my 1700Xā€¦
If the board is not the issue, meaning the boot problems continue, I will get Athlon 220 to replace the 1700X.

It may sound like throwing money at the wall, but my parents PC died as well, so I will essentially building them one with my spare partsā€¦

2 Likes

Oh my god bro. I read this as:

But Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a mobo issue. Of course, I am not the most technical person out there.

1 Like

After work I will try and put the GPU on the other PCIe slotā€¦ Itā€™s only X4 of Iā€™m not mistaken, but I donā€™t careā€¦ Should be enough to support 480ā€¦
If it ainā€™t the slot either I will just order the new board and go on from thereā€¦

1 Like

Have you tried the ram in different slots? I found I was only getting half the ram, and it would freeze at bios splash screen. Would take a number of reboots before getting back into the bios. I messed with the seating of the ram and tried different slots. Changing the slots worked.

2 Likes

Multiple times in multiple different configurationsā€¦ I have 4 sticks, so I tried 1 stick, 2 sticks, etc etcā€¦

1 Like

It doesnā€™t even want to boot with the GPU on the second PCIe slotā€¦
So here I am againā€¦

Iā€™m definitely getting a new boardā€¦

1 Like

Are the ram sticks from the same kit?

Edit: I think you did say with one stick in The board it still didnā€™t work. So maybe not a kit issue. Like mixing different sticks and such.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the issue with the ram testing - if the board is damaged - it doesnā€™t matter how good the ram isā€¦

Also I bought the ram from @w.meri and I believe he said itā€™s the same kitā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s a single 4x4 GB kit.

2 Likes

Some time ago my mechanical keyboard stopped working.
Today my second keyboard stopped workingā€¦
I unplugged it, plugged it to a different USB port and it started working againā€¦
Oh I am so getting rid of this boardā€¦

Iā€™m just wondering which B450 board to get ā€¦

1 Like

If you donā€™t need overclocking and stuff, get the cheapest one that is still good quality.

1 Like