Motherboard BIOS issue

Good luck bro!

1 Like

Good luck!
May the computing and hardware gods be with you.

2 Likes

Well, if not - I will use the money from the old system I sell to buy a new motherboardā€¦

1 Like

Remember the hammer, you have to frighten the hardware sometimes into behaving.

1 Like

Iā€™ll show it my old phone I threw at the wall after not working properlyā€¦

1 Like

Hopefully the sell works out well enough to get you some money for a decent board.
If you need any recommendations let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, what do you knowā€¦ Updated BIOS and no issuesā€¦ Other than the Radeon drivers and the ASRock poop software, but thatā€™s another thingā€¦

2 Likes

Awsome sauce! Congrats pete.

2 Likes

Are you sure that thatā€™s your board. Or did they secretly do swapsies.

No no, itā€™s my boardā€¦ Same broken pci-e slot clampā€¦

1 Like

SIGHā€¦
Itā€™s backā€¦

1 Like

Hmm.

Wonder how it did not happen over at asrock.

At the retailerā€¦
How can I test my ram while staying away from rebooting?

Hmmm.

I wonder if there is a memtest app for Windows.

Maybe you can install it without it making it reboot to make you use it?

After some googling memtesting from within windows wonā€™t accurately do anything.

Ignore what I said.

1 Like

Is it possible, that my PSU is not doing great and it basically needs replacing? Itā€™s 430W after allā€¦ Almost 5 years old.,ā€¦

Could be.
Only way to test will cost money.

1 Like

Any test will cost money :frowning: ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen you still have problems with your pc :confused: what ram do you have and what clockspeeds does it run at and what is it rated for?

I had 3000mhz Corsair ram that would let my pc crash if I ran it above 2400mhz or it would freeze random and other strange stuff the the ryzen 1700x and the mainboard I have the x370f asus strix really didnā€™t like the ram. So I tested the ram with memetest86 and no error but under Windows crash or freeze etc I even replaced my 650 w seasonic gold psu because I thought maybe that was the problem but nope.

So I bought new Trident Z gskill amd tested ram that is running 3200 mhz no problems and no crashes now since 3 months I was so confused.

Iā€™m gonna link the post I made on too , games crashed on me too with device removed errors ^^

2 Likes

The ram is Crucial Ballistix Elite 4x4GB 2666 running at 2666. The ram is in the motherboard QVL list and thatā€™s the reason I got it.
The system doesnā€™t freeze once in Windows. It freezes in BIOS or during bootā€¦
My keyboard died, a mechanical keyboard, so I took my old keyboard and plugged it in. Today I had the same issue. It didnā€™t boot up until the 4-th tryā€¦
I have absolutely no idea what to do.
I have a plan to buy new PSU and just one stick of different ram and seeā€¦ I just hope itā€™s not my CPU cause I canā€™t afford anything even close to itā€¦

1 Like