Motherboard and CPU compatibility?

Hey guys, I was wondering if the AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz Socket AM3 Black Edition CPU is compatible with the MSI 760GM-P23 FX AMD 760G SATA Raid VGA, DVI Socket AM3+ DDR3 mATX Motherboard. As well as this will the Corsair CX430 V2 430W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS Certified PSU be compatible. Thanks in advance, Danny.

If it says AM3/AM3+ then your fine but if it says only AM3 or only AM3+ then its a nogo as for powersupplys they are universal so you will be good with that just try and find a motherboard that says its AM3 and AM3+ compatible like this one http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme9/?cat=Specifications

Hope it helped!

Any AM3 CPU will fit in any AM3+ motherboard, regardless of whether it says AM3/AM3+ compatibility. The only difference is that you'd get slightly higher performance out of an AM3+ CPU, versus an AM3, but the Phenom II X4 is a great CPU for the money. I saw a 600w Corsair PSU on one of Neweggs 48 hour sales this morning. If you plan to upgrade, or have a mid range or higher graphics card, I would definitely suggest going a bit more than the 430w.

But some motherboards dont have BIOS support for AM3 and only have it for AM3+ you can jam the CPU in there but wether or not its smooth sailing is dependant on other things.

Just look to see if its comatable first, they should have something on the manufacturers website