Most beloved Sci-Fi scene

Improper language use, taking them out of the running because it's obvious. I misspoke.

"You'd rather take your chances with me?!" Now if only I can remember which song included an audio sample of this . . .

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

I think that is what Star Citizen is going for in a way. I loved the look of the film. Firefly built upon the theme, especially the Chinese dialect being a universal language.

I've never really sat down and out right picked one. But to echo @NeOZeN's, Blade Runner "Tears in rain" monologue scene is always such a good one to watch.

Here is the slightly longer scene

3 Likes

Lots of Blade Runner / cyberpunk love in this thread. Any Ghost in the Shell fans?

The first film is pretty talky, but some of my favorite scenes are the montages. Here's a good one, with some not-so-subtle nods to Blade Runner. Trippy soundtrack, as well.

6 Likes

I tried to pick a scene from the Matrix, but I can't. There are so many beloved scenes in that movie.
The lobby shootout
The helicopter crash and rooftop fight
There is no spoon
"I know kung fu" and training with Morpheus
The office scene
Choosing the red pill
Morpheus explaining the Matrix in the construct
The subway fight
Becoming the One and stopping bullets

I'd forgotten how amazing that movie is.

1 Like

I loved all the wide shot scenes of the city in Blade Runner.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love GITS, best anime series by far with the Government Intervention, blowing Ghosts in Dolls and the Morality. GITS SAC with the Touchcamas ( sic ) was great with the Natural Oil. They had hive learning. Last Exile is a close favorite too for story, art and soundtrack.

1 Like
2 Likes

Interstellar docking scene. After Mann blows the airlock.

Why so serious?

Didin't plan the thumbnail, but it fits perfectly

Moirchandising! Moirchandising! Where da real money from the movie is made. First one that came to mind (probably cause of Disney) even though there are several side-splitting scenes in the movie.

Mine are very firm. ^o^

It'll take me time to come up with my favorite more serious scenes.

2 Likes

The part when they realize it's a trap is so fucking awesome. not just cause of that line either, it's just so exciting with the music and awesome special effects wow

best action punchline

also

1 Like
5 Likes

Spaceballs is a classic. Here's one of my favorite scenes:

How about Idiocracy? Hard to choose just one scene, but here goes. Anyone who follows science policy can relate.

4 Likes

Babylon 5

1 Like

Absolutely.

Since we can post more than one

BSG's Atmosphere jump

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Sentient Being

(Is TNG the reason im a good person growing up with examples like this?)

Sunshine (i couldnt find many clips of this film, so heres one, maybe not be favorite.. maybe it is)

5 Likes

When I saw ALIEN I had no idea what it was. Me and my buds just went to the movies and were like "ALIEN? Sounds good." The theater was packed and the only seats left were front row center. When the chestburster scene happened we all jumped out of our seats and RAN. My one bud said "Fuck it" and lit a joint.

The best thing was when I learned, much later, that the actors had no idea what was happening either. The effect was top secret and their fear and disgust was not acting.

1 Like