Morpheus II GPU heatsink

Http://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=45

has anyone actually used this? Apparently it’s precisely what I’ve wanted do to for forever, ie slap Noctua fans on a gpu. Since Crypto is wanking over gpu prices, I can’t purchase a card to work with Ek’s AIO ssystem, and my card [Galax 980ti] is just about the only card they don’t make a waterblock for, so this would be a really great idea if it actually does what it says.

I think that’s the same cooler @noenken has: The VEGA Whatever Thread! ANYTHING on VEGA

2 Likes

It does. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmmm. The VRM thing doesn’t sound particularly appealing.

I’ve previously had a real bad experience with Rajintek CPU coolers, but I gotta say that GPU cooler looks rather excellent.

But that’s still over half a kilo of metal hanging on the GPU.

Regarding VRM cooling, applying heatsinks to the individual regulators and mosfets might be annoying/difficult.

What do you mean?

Well I’ve never taken apart a GPU before, and him saying “you’re going to have to do some problem solving yourself” is a bit of a red light.

I didn’t want to have to point this out. But…

Yes, disassembling a GPU to fit a alternate cooler designed to fit a variety of graphics cards does require some problem solving. Modding is for the adventurous & experimenting types, not for the faint of heart :wink:

1 Like

Buildzoid is talking about constantly switching coolers because that is just what he does. The cooler comes with small heatsinks for VRM and VRAM. just use the double sided thermal sticky stuff (also included) and put things on top of other things.

If I can do it, it can’t be that complicated. :wink:

That’s a lot of sarcastic winky faces.

1 Like

I call it the hinty face.
Just trying to keep things subtle but not too subtle.
No offence of any sort meant by the way. :slight_smile:

Nah, I know that. I’m a big boy. I find it funny sometimes that tech people have a habit of either intentionally or not, shunting conversations into the “how do I do this?” “well if you don’t know, don’t try.” feedback loop that leaves people wondering what the point of asking things is.

But anyway, at least I know now that it’s not really any different than the universal waterblocks EK carries. Ie VRM cooling will be an issue whatever I pick. I guess i’ll just have to wait for prices to drop before I risk the only card I have at the moment.

1 Like

The NZXT G12 should work with that card no problem though.