More ZFS happy fun times

Fingers crossed man! :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™ve gotta shoot, but hereā€™s rooting for ya!

2 Likes

Well, itā€™s there.

Letā€™s see what I can do from here.

So it worked fine, everything seems to be there, but the import disk function doesnā€™t seem to work, and thereā€™s no option with qm importdisk to add it to the vm, I think.

gonna look into creating a straight up vm with the disk image and transferring from there.

Okay, so it seems the transfer to the new pool was irrelevant, as simple addition of the disk to another vm on the same pool isnā€™t straight forward at least. What I have done based on the send | recv transfer did work though to get it to the new pool, so if anyone is trolling this thread for that info it worked.

All of my problems are that even if I have snapshot of that it doesnā€™t seem to want to make a VM with it. thatā€™s what Iā€™m working on at this point.

Qemu does see it fyi.

That is odd, because receiving a snapshot should create a dataset.
So I guess the issue remaining is loading a received dataset to a vm?

Well, I got nuthing helpful to suggest :slight_smile:

My next attempt will be to find the configuration xml for the old vm and editing and slapping that bitch in.

1 Like

Welp, data recovered. Dunno why it worked this time but just adding a line in the qemu-server vm configs with the line

scsi1: local-zfs:vm-120-disk1 did the jobā€¦Which means I could have just done that and been done with this alreadyā€¦

Also note I tried adding the ,size=X to the end and it did not like that at all.

2 Likes

That is odd, but well done! And thanks for posting for future seekers :grin: