Mordhau (Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ~ Successor)

For those who enjoyed Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, there is a new game in development called Mordhau, which is similar in it's nature.

1 Like

Unreal Engine 4

Would not surprised if a week before release they anounce Nvidia Gimpworks in the game. No thanks.

Well it has SMAA.

So you're going to write a game off because it uses Unreal Engine 4. What type of stupid shit is that? Unreal Engine is legit.

1 Like

Looks pretty interesting.

The dismemberment stuff just looks a bit weird for people fighting in armor. Has nobody heard of wearing aventails on their helmets? I guess they'll polish it some more before release/early access.

I knew about it for a while, but didn't really follow the news about it. It's a multiplayer-only arena game, which usually comes with the downside of having to grind matches for a long time if you want to get all the achievements. The game is gonna have to be very popular and active for the grinding to be less time-consuming, or else it probably won't be worth doing.

I hope it gets released on GoG and not just Steam.

1 Like

I would prefer if they kept the dismemberment. It may be unrealistic, but it is pretty fun. At least in Chivalry anyway.

I have never really cared much for achievements. I think the main draw for an online multiplayer game like this is the pure gameplay, and high skill-ceiling. Chivalry featured a team-objective mode, and I think this will have an equivalent. It is not just arena. The main grind in Chivalry came from unlocking all the weapons (by getting kills with other weapons in their category). In a way though, this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. As it encouraged you to experiment with other weapons.

I would love to see this game on GOG, but I have a feeling that it might just be coming to Steam. Maybe if enough people request it, they will consider a GOG release. Fingers crossed.

Well, memes form the sword community are starting to come up in games now.

(for those who don't know, the pommel-throwing is a reference to a really old joke from manuscript KK5013 of the Gladiatoria)

1 Like