Monitor Mega Thead (Get your suggestions here)

So noticed there are tons of different what monitor should I get threads, and I have been part of that as well. Figured it was about time to have a Questions thread to keep the volume of them down.

Ill start it off with this:

Looking for a 4k pannel probably around 40" that I can put 4 different inputs in. So basically each 1080p quadrant can be a different input on the panel. Not 100% sure that something that exists but figured someone might know.

LG 43UD79-B seems to be an option

2 Likes

I needed something bigger to replace my nice old ACER 24". I sit far away and have old eyes.
A brilliant idea (if I say so myself) I did was to cut cardboard to 27", 32" and 40" and tape it to my old 24". It helped me narrow down the size I wanted.

I decided on 32", but I bought a cheap temporary one until what I really want becomes affordable.

$1,700 ATM. Hurry up Korea !

1 Like

if you live in philly

226 bucks

129 bucks

Didn't the Wasabi Mango thing @wendell reviewed do that?

/edit

/edit2
Mother of quotes...

Hi, I want to buy FHD (1920x1080) monitor with freesync and a least 75Hz Refresh Rate. So I was thinking about:

The budget is about 200$ so the choice is limited but I was wondering if someone from the community can suggest some alternative since I’m not so familiar with monitor market. If the resolution could be better (1440p) it would be nice but at this budget it doesn’t seem possible. So let me know what you think.

Are you ok with TN or do you prefer IPS ect

I’m ok with TN

I’m a very big fan of AH-ips really.
For me viewing angles and great colors are more important,
then ultra high refresh rates.

LG really has some great ips monitors.
However they arent particulary cheap, atleast not 4K ones.

2 Likes

Black friday/ Cyber monday is the best time

Does anybody know where to buy good affordable monitors in Korea?

https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIAB716DB9827?cm_sp=e-flyer--20171110--9SIAB716DB9827--pg3--pos12
On black Friday it this is going on sale for $350, is this a good deal? I am looking into getting a high refresh monitor.

I also have a Fury X, if I run this monitor, would the card be able to maintain the refresh rate? If I tried turning the resolution to 1080, would that be counter productive?

Anyone got any suggestions for a 1080p/1440p 120-144hz monitor in the $200-350 range?

Which is better the crossover or the pixio?

Both are 27 inch monitors

Looking for a monitor.

-27" 1440p IPS or VA (Not ultra-wide, not curved)
-100Hz or more
-No glossy case surfaces
-12-24V input (Very important) (external power brick)
-HDMI and/or DisplayPort
-No speakers
-Thin bezel
-VESA 100 or 75

Haven’t found anything till now so I’m asking here. :frowning:
Anybody know one?

“Nice, nice, very nice. So many people in the same device.” Ambrosia

HP Omen

I am loving it one week in.

Any dell ultrasharp 16:10 monitor is A OK in my book.