Monitor help

So I have an all-in-one computer at home and I was wondering if I can use it as a monitor for a new pc I am getting, the computer is samsung series 5 dp500, and also if it doesn’t work as a monitor what are some good cheap monitors?

1 Like

if this is the all-in-one. It looks like you should be able to use it as a monitor providing it has the optional HDMI-IN https://www.manualslib.com/manual/421128/Samsung-Dp500a2d.html?page=27#manual

If i was you i would refer to the manual in the box if you still have it or find it on samsung’s website for the exact model that way you know. Most times the HDMI’s are labeled as input or output.

1 Like

What are you doing mainly? Lots of fast gaming? Movies and shows all day long? Maybe photo and video editing with accurate colors?

In short: what should the monitor be good at?

1 Like

it has HDMI in so yes it could be used as a monitor. not the best but for 1080p gaming and general use it is fine. for video and picture work i would look for a better display with an IPS panel.

It’s for gaming

Gaming

Yeah I found it and it does have one

For gaming I still like high refresh panels the best, even if it is TN. I have a Viewsonic XG2401 wich is 24" TN at 1080p running at 144Hz and has a good freesync setup as well. In the end freesync is a bonus you might not need, so there is potential to save some money.

1 Like