Model M Giveaway! 8/17/17 - 8/25/17

Update 8/24 I will announce the winner after work 8/25 6pm PST

Well, as a keyboard hoarder I’ve finally decided to get rid of one of my many Model M’s. Thought I’d do a giveaway as a thank you to this awesome community that has given me so much for the past 5 years.

The keyboard is fully tested by yours truly, and cleaned (to the best of my abilities). The cable is in good condition however it has lost some of its coiled shape.

It will come with an AT to PS2 adapter.

Had forgotten the paper with my name on it like a dufus.

There is some tape residue from the previous ownder, trust me I’ve removed as much as I could, it isn’t sticky, just baked on from over the years I guess.

Also took a photo of the back plate, rivets have kept up.

Rules of the giveaway (stolen from @kewldude007 because I’m lazy and his just works)

I DO NOT want to give away this keyboard to people who are inactive in the community, I want to reward those who ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE in the forum.

So I am arbitrarily deciding that YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS during the period of the giveaway NOT INCLUDING THE ONE YOU MAKE IN THIS THREAD!

also this year I’m tacking on a rule of Basic users and up, new users it takes very minimal effort to become a basic, just do it.

MULTIPLE ENTRIES FROM THE SAME USER WILL DISQUALIFY YOU (I will know, its not hard).
If you accidentally do it just delete the post (any questions just PM me).

I will use random.org to pick the post number in this thread, if its invalid, I draw again until I find a valid post.

I will announce the winner and PM them once the time period ends.

Shipping to anywhere, will inform the winner if the shipping costs are too high (ie outside the US) but I’ll do my best to cover them.

The timer starts… NOW!

PM ME FOR ANY QUESTIONS I’M NOT GOING TO KEEP EDITING POSTS

20 Likes

that discord tho

1 Like

Sounds good. How do I enter to win?

You already have - @Big_Al_Tech

I’ll gladly try my luck :slight_smile:

As for the shipping - I guess those that realy want it will be willing to support the shipping - well I would if I’d get lucky :speak_no_evil:

nRALMA5

12 Likes

um yeah

One can at least try, right?

What about the lurkers?
Few things make me come out of the shadows, one of those is beige clicky hardware

I’ll make some exceptions :wink: - @Big_Al_Tech

8 Likes

Ah the thing I’ve always wanted, but couldn’t justify spending the money on one. I actually considered buying a new one.

Mmmmm, I love me some clicky keyboards.

i’ll test my luck. hopefully i manage to meet the post count requirements without trying.

2 Likes

Awesome giveaway idea.

Love me some model m

Oooh I’ve been thinking of grabbing a Model M,
I’m addicted to old keyboards, nothing like 'em

The only winning move is not to play. That said, pick me, please.

3 Likes

I can’t quite decide if a model M would be ironic next to my Ryzen 7 system or not…

1 Like

I need some of this

buckling-spring-100225900-orig

7 Likes

Is it really how that works? Man, that is more stupid than me… No wonder it works 50 years later. There is nothing to break in it…

2 Likes

Can I have an entry and then pick someone else on the forum to have it? It would be ridiculous to ship here and quite honestly I find the kb quite ghastly. LOL!

1 Like

This is my 10th post. Does it count?

I haven’t had a Model M in ages, would be awesome to finally have another one. The best part is that it doesn’t have RGB lighting! :wink: