Missing sound Lutris+LoL

Hello everyone :wave:, new around here so please forgive me if this is not the correct place to start this thread.

I got League of Legends to work via Lutris appimage.
I have sound in the game lobby but once I load into the actual game the sound is missing completely.
Looking over log files I can see the following errors after I connect to a game:

L021c:err:thread:sigsys_handler SIGSYS (173)
021f:err:thread:sigsys_handler SIGSYS (173)
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

I am using Arch Labs, PulseAudio and wine is installed. What am I missing here guys? I have almost no experience trouble shooting audio on linux, any help would be appreciated it.

edit: Does LoL use MIDI by any chance to render the in-game sounds? Could this have anything to do with it?

~ Bump ~
Is there a more appropriate place for me to post this in?
Any help is appreciated.

From further testing, the game is definitely trying to send the sound to a incorrect HW id.

@caffeine_hack What distro of Linux are you using? I don’t know if what I am going to suggest is going to work, but you might want to try accessing your global sound settings and make sure the correct sound device is selected. I run Linux Mint and sometimes Linux mint decides to change the default sound device on its own. Meaning Linux Mint changes the default sound device from the speakers on my Monitor to my headphone without any interaction from me. Switching the default sound device back to what it should be, fixes all sound issues.

If libasound is missing and you’re running pulse, do you have pulseaudio-alsa installed?
Edit: No, LoL doesn’t use Midi to render the sounds. From the Logs it seems, it’s trying to output over ALSA while you have installed pulse.

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the… really really late reply.
From the top of my head I had pulseaudio, pulseaudio-alsa, lib32-libpulse, libcanberra-pulse installed (I don’t remember if i pulled anything else).
Unfortunately I completly nuked that installation, so I can’t verify for sure.

I am working on a new project, as soon as I have some time to mess with this I will give it a go again!
Cheers~

@caffeine_hack

While I understand your Linux install is having issues, feel free to say hi in any of the other threads. And if you learn the fix please share amongst the community.

1 Like

I am here to stay!
When I find a solution for the problem I will be sure to share the solution.
Fingers crossed that this wont still be a issue since I nuked the old OS :smile:
I guess I’ll find out when I have more time to mess with it again.
Cheers~

2 Likes