Missing ovpn opnsense interface

I am missing the openvpn interface in the interfaces section for openvpn. I am using opnsense.

It appears that it is there. But there is no interface when i try assigning it.

@PhaseLockedLoop The Legend may know this.

1 Like

LTX is in 2023. You have been warned :joy:

You need to go into firewall → VPN–> openvpn and configure it? First before it receives an assignment

1 Like

I got it working on pfsense. I had a conflict with wireguard instance on opnsense. Pfsense had no such issue.

1 Like

I literally had no such conflict. Its a matter of following the directions per different interface (pfsense or opnsense) because they are the same underneath. They use pf

Moving forward did you install the openvpn package for the opnsense interface. It’s not packaged by default

I have to start from the beginning I can’t magically know until we start without who you began your configuration :slight_smile:

I followed pfsense instructions for pfsense. Got it working with wireguard. I’ll message back after my roommate goes to bed. I don’t like messing with the internet while they are up. Get too many complaints.

1 Like

Oh I’m starting to get it. Conflicting VPN interfaces? When running both? Or what

Read the road warrior wireguard setup on opnsense docs. They are decent.

I suspect its conflicted routing rules.

You also have a vastly different setup from novasty or I as we under no condition pass our internet traffic through linode.

1 Like

You should have multiple drop downs. What was the error (in all its verbosity) when you get a chance.

i actually am not passing my internet to linode anymore I am trying to do openvpn for expressvpn and wireguard for mullvad.

1 Like

Okay so there’s your fundamental problem. You’d have to change their configuration as their config will force any firewall to push all routing through the tunnel. Their guides do just that. You can’t make conflicting routing rules. That’s likely the error you were given on the interface conflict.

I’m not sure what pfsense guide you used but you’ll have to make sure that’s not in the tunnel configuration. Personally I run VPN per device. No sense in running it all the time. But I can understand the need.

Like I said above though I need you to give me your detailed step by step directions of what you did that makes the error repeatable. Otherwise idk how to help because all I know is you had an unspecified error :wink:

1 Like