Mini Quads FPV

I pulled the trigger on an emaxx quadcopter with extended battery tray, 4 12amp simmon k flashed esc's and 4 2300kv motors and 4 "cf" blades for 170, I ordered a 9 channel flysky Tx and rx i can switch the module in the back to a programmable one if need be, i have to wait to receive both items before i can buy batteries and FPV equipment. I'm very tempted to get a FatShark Attitude V2 FCC-Certified FPV Bundle. So my budget is probably going to be around 690 with batteries and fpv equipment. Luckily or unluckily i have 50 dollars in credit at hobbyking (they charged me for the shipping that I paid for sending the items back) so i can try get some batteries there and use up what is there. Glad i have the nice Hitec charger now though, need to get some adapter cables for my Mcpx batteries and get that up and running while I'm setting up the quad. If i end up with a recording camera for fpv ill make some flight video's, and ill definitely post links here to the build video's as well, could take a while i have been procrastinating my workbench/desk builds for about two weeks now.

@voodue. Nice! glad to see you should be in the air soon.

Hopefully, lol, I will try and post pictures of the step by step or a video of the build and or soldering, maybe with programming.

Q1: 250 thick carbon one piece base plates Who sells the thickest? dont see point of screwing on arms, I think it's a saving material thing at the manufacturers end,

Q2: who has smashed a true carbon fibre arm off and if so, what else died in the process?

It's so that you can replace the arm if it breaks. It actually doesn't really have to break, but sometimes after a lot of crashing the epoxy binding the carbon fibers together in carbon fiber starts to loosen. As a result, you get a floppy arm which can hinder performance.

Having a one-piece plate would also be a pain to replace.

You seen the new carbon frame Daniel is selling? at Stratus Productions.

point taken. would sealing the edge of carbon fibre with Arildite for example fix that problem?

Propellers are apparently a bit of derp in my state, I got mine put together ( mostly) and went to test fly it, and of course it was windy AF failed at landing when the gusts came in and flip it over, it handled it fine (except the propellers of course). I guess my newbie tip of the day would be, never shut the throttle off lol, you have no more control when the propellers are not spinning. Coming from helicopters I am extremely used to have reverse pitch and locked throttle, oops. I found an app on my nvidia tablet that works with the controller to fly a simulated quad, its actually very good and i recommend crashing there as much as possible quadcopterfxsim somthething, it even has FPV modes, keep in mind a real quad will act very differently after a standard programming setup on the control board. But back to the topic, as far as frames go, look at completed builds, like how batteries have been set on, how they fly in videos, how small the electronics, propellers and pieces are, how many build videos there are, there are tons of RC forums discussing these things right now, and unfortunately none of the mainstream hobby stores are carrying anything "universal" enough for these quads.

As far as breaking arms off, I'm pretty sure CHARPUFPV on youtube has totaled entire quads (electronics included) going 80+ mph into a wall/tree or almost anything is going to break a 18cm long and 5mm thick piece of carbon fiber, the "best" frames are probably not on sale yet as everyone is kind of doing there own copycat the popular people thing right now, i am using the emax frame because it only costs like 20 bucks to get a new one from china. Durability being the only concern look for thick carbon fiber pieces like 6mm or so should survive most amateur racers. I'm not sure sealing the edge would be necessary unless you managed to buy a frame like the QAV250 cf from luminiere, then if you were in a humid place and crashing often maybe it could extend the life but its all in the quality and epoxy/resin of the OEM. I think the unsealed edges could be super glued/epoxied with little to no effect on weight, but i would do it to prevent splinters, but I am magnet for those things for some reason.

I recommend Hubsan X4 First Person View Mini RC Quadcopter With Video Transmitter from http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-helicopters/mini-micro-100-250mm/hubsan-x4-first-person-view-mini-rc-quadcopter-with-video-transmitter.html at reasonable price of $169.99/- The quadcopter has a built in video camera that submits a live feed to your transmitter which has a built in 4.3 inch color monitor so you can see whatever it sees!

Was wondering is everyone still airbourne esp. @voodue . I seem to have been in a coma with research. Nothing to do with the shipment from hobbykingofslowdelivery. first order took 17 1/2 weeks to arrive, boat people would have been a faster postal option, I only hung in there as our dollar dropped like a brick soon after making the wait cheaper each minute ( even better when you compare by the month). Now I have the parts , the laws have outlawed these things to the underground. but .... just a thought.. but if Trump becomes the you know what, I bet the CAA changes its laws to an "Anything Goes" policy. up to the point of a possitive strike ..... Your Out !
Anyway I got a Bolt 210 and followed Hak5's sub 250g build for the past few weeks, buildin starts soon.

I built mine, flew it, tested a couple sets of batteries( managed 15- 20minute flight times on 2200mah packs), and sold it for what i paid, since I guessed correctly that the laws were about to change. I really enjoyed it, it's very different when you are using those fat shark goggles distance to the ground is not easy to tell, distance from objects left and right is even harder. I'm going to avoid the political, and just say that the laws are not going to get anymore lax. I'm pretty sure you can avoid getting a license or whatever your state might require by finding a place to rent with friends like a paintball field, or a gym.

You did remove your droone number didn't you? ,planning to use 1300 graphenes on a slightly obese 250 AUW. I will use bathroom scales lol, I stiil have to build it so still may add feathers all over it to make it lighter and call it "birdstrike one" put a militaryreg number on it then deny everything like our politicians and besides, this State don't have much of an airforce to shoot it down. You watched any of Rotor Riot's videos? crazy guys making more chuck for the authorities I guess. will update if I get my A into G b4 5.01 ;)