Mini ITX AM3+ MotherBoard

Is it a thing? It there a motherboard with an am3+ socket that fits into a BitFenix Prodigy? And is there one that is small enough that I could Mod it to work? I'd really like to use a smaller case with an AMD fx-8350 but it isn't looking like an option.

nope. even the micro atx am3/+ mobos are not very good. they usually require a BIOS update to use an FX cpu. am3+ ITX boards unfortunately do not exist.

the prodigy won't fit anything other than ITX, it mounts the mobo onto a cage that is just above the PSU. so the mobo is horisontal, and a micro-atx isn't going to fit.

Sad Panda... Alright thanks.

well, it looks like some people managed to mod the prodigy to fit matx. it's some serious modding tho, as you're pretty much gutting the case. you have to fab a custom mobo panel, mod in an tx back panel from another case as well. it might even be able to fit standard ATX boards. I am seeing some stuff on google about some crazy modder that manged to fit an x79 e-atx in it.

http://rog.asus.com/228702013/labels/pc-mods/micro-atx-prodigy-mod-prodigious-by-adamski07/

Lol well it is a HUGE case for itx so iam not suprised.

Yeah I actually saw that earlier which was part of the insparatation for this... I was hoping there might be a way to mount the standoffs directly to the side of the case.... I don't mind stipping out the interior of the case but ideally I'd like to keep the exterior as clean and shmexy as it already it...

you still need somewhere to put the PSU and hard drives. plus the pcie and stuff....

Yeah that's true... So basically what I'm reading is I can do it... It just won't actually be an ITX build... It'll be an ITX build the size of an ATX...

there are much better cases that are smaller and can fit micro atx boards than the prodigy, its a good case but overrated, there are even ATX cases that are pretty small

I love building HTPC cases

I like it for it's looks, smaller size, mobility (the size+handles), and ability to fit a large radiator in it...

Plus it is pretty reasonably priced...

Could you recommend a few cases that would work with an ATX board that would also manage to be small? (and capable of taking a 240mm radiator)