Mildly NSFW - The Tool We Didn't Know We Needed

now with more expletives. . .

6 Likes

I’ve had this on my work machine for a while now. I accidentally used it while screen sharing and demoing a new tool, which got some good laughs from the team.

1 Like
$ sudp dnf update
bash: sudp: command not found

Yes, sometimes its the tool I need.

Nice one.
I guess if it was a little less controversially named, it might maybe gain more inclusion/ use.

Maybe add it to the software list:

Oh, and handily, it’s in some distro repo’s (works on my Ubuntu machine)

That is awesome! :laughing: I am definitely installing it tonight.

For workplace, couldn’t you setup an alias that calls it?

Careful, this looks like yet another instance of DWIM. As all power tools use with extreme caution! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, but it fixes when you fat-finger sudp , and the name is funny.

alias sudp='sudo'

1 Like

or,

alias sudp='echo "Nope! try again, you fat fingered fecker"'
6 Likes

This is at least setup so you must enter its 4 letter command and then press enter again (not automatically try to correct your error). It does have the option to set it to auto correct, but I can see how that would be a BAD idea.

Most phones can’t manage the English language despite a lot of programming dedicated to auto-correction. Throw in some technical jargon and it is even worse.

I think some distro has or use to have this feature out of the box and even included the package name.

ohnoes

or

darn

Maybe you are thinking about the PackageKit-command-not-found plugin? I think Ubuntu also had something similar for apt.

So i wanted to list my main dir and by mistake i put:

sudo lm -rf /

And it corrected my entry to:

sudo rm -rf /

Please advise :wink: <–(joking)

That’s fine with ‘buntu distro’s; you need to add —nopreserve-root or something on the version they ship.

(I presumed you were joking, but was glad when I heard about the preserve-root thing)

Sure I was :wink: And I think most distros have already some safeguard against it.
Maybe I will try that on my old Slackware machine, when I’m confident I migrated everything :wink:

Edit: I made it super obvious in my previous post, just in case someone started to explain, how to recover from deleted system…

3 Likes