I have few question regarding migration from Ubuntu Server 18.04 based file server to a Proxmox virtualization.
- A88XM-PLUS MB
- AMD A4-6300 series CPU
- 12 GB of RAM
- System drive - 150GB HDD
- 2x1TB drives in LVM mirror configuration
- 1 x1TB drive in LVM pool configuration
- Dedicated Intel 1GB NIC
- Ubuntu Server 18.04 with latest updates
- Samba for file sharing
- minidlna for media sharing
- File server - the primary mission of this server
- Docker “server” for experiments of light load - the second priority
- Is current HW config sufficient for my use cases in a single node of Proxmox ? Should I look for compatible quad core CPU ?
- Can I add my existing LVM drives (pair in the mirror config and one as LVM pool) into Proxmox without rebuilding it from scratch ? Wil Proxmox LVM recognize them properly ?
Thanks for your help in advance.