Migrating away from Joomla

I have a curious question. While watching one of the Level1 videos recently, Wendall made a comment about finally migrating the last server away from Joomla. So made me curious, I run a Joomla, and I’m not completely attached to it and was wondering where He would migrate too, if coming from Joomla?

What do you need your website to do? And then that can lend answers as to where to go.

3 Likes

Awh good question. It is the first a landing site for a group of companies providing information about the services. We were also building an information portal of sorts into it where articles are curated by a group of publishers writing basically internal news documents and How-To articles on some of the services. We also had the idea of making some of our published articles available to the general public, but likely wouldn’t see high traffic.
One last thing we started recently was trying to incorporate Virtuemart E-commerce to provide a store for one of the companies in the group, but are finding Virtuemart may not be a good fit for us so will likely look for something else before continuing.

Most of the Joomla website has been locked down and only accessible by a select group of users due to issues with Russian hackers. So just been in a waiting period looking for a new solution. We like the idea of hosting it ourselves but thinking we made the wrong choice by starting with Joomla.

Thanks for the assist.