Might of fried my GPU

Basically I moved to a smaller case and I tried switching out the cooler on my gpu. I messed up using the wrong spacers on the cooler and the cooler didn’t contact the gpu at all when i booted up. Now I have it in full contact with the original cooler and temps are low but whenever i try loading a game the screen just goes black. And also occasionally, like twice in 48 hours the computer has crashed when under practically no load and when rebooted, booted into a lower resolution than my 1080p monitor and when i go into settings it doesn’t even have an option to increase the resolution.

Is there anything this could be other than my GPU being damaged? Any troubleshooting I should do?

Maybe try booting a different OS or in safemode to rule out any driver problems. Also have you changed or installed anything else since you replaced the GPU since sometimes a update can cause blackscreens on some setup.

i would take it apart and re-seat and re-paste. usually if it starts boiling it will scream at you.

this is the reason i dont like playing w/ gpus. too expensive to mes with.

if that doesnt work i woule reconnect the old cooler as a test.

process of elimination

1 Like