Microsoft Surface Event 2018

Matte black renders were ‘leaked’ earlier. Hopefully we’ll see a good hardware bump.

Surface Pro 6 announced with KBR chips.

Surface Laptop 2, now in black, with the same lack of repairability.

Looks like no USB-C, again… Just USB-A and Mini-DP.

1 Like

All pretty boring stuff.

What I want is the Surface Studio monitor, separately. That would be sweet.

2 Likes

Even better if they could sell it as a big ol’ graphics tablet.

Speak of the devil.

No specs revealed, but I’m going to take a stab at 8850H, GTX 1050/1050Ti.

Oh hey, USB-C!

Surface headphones with Cortana integration. Also, charges with USB-C.

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME, MICROSOFT?!

1 Like

It’ll be intersting to see specs of things. USB-C on the headphones youd hope they’re on the laptop then as well. More people need to shove Type-C on headphones, its ridiculous.

That’s sexy.

That looks like a 3:2 aspect ratio doesn’t it?

Yeah, all Surface Devices are 3:2.

Last one has a resolution of 4500x3000, so would be nice if they upped it slightly (underexagguration of the year) to 5760x3840.

1 Like

Did they put a price on the surface studio 2?

Nope, but probably has similar pricing to the first model.

I’m laughing at how they listed ‘Xbox Wireless Built-in’ as a feature, when all of the new controller just work over standard Bluetooth.

2 Likes

So 3 to 5k usd… what a rip off.

As for the Xbox marketing, you have to appeal to the games somehow.

Bro. This is amazing.

Financing for $25 a month…

Google should do this for their chrome books and boxes.

2 Likes

In The Verge’s first look video they said it’s 1060 on the base model, and 1070 on the more expensive ones. Unfortunately, it’s only running Kaby Lake, so no 6-core.

I look forward to a touch friendly version of office for the new UI to make the Surface Pro finally a properly usable business tablet.

oh, wait a sec…

I really like the Surface Laptop and would have bought one last year as a nice MacBook replacement but the lack of any way to upgrade it killed the idea for me. Apple chased me away and I guess Microsoft doesn’t want me either. I’ll just keep my 7 year old Thinkpad and 8 year old MacBook Pro chugging along.

While I would never personally finance a PC, I understand the case for it and it’s definitely something we’re going to be seeing more of.

1 Like

The lack of USB C (except for the headphone surprisingly) is really deceptive. Also Microsoft should at one point reduce the bezels a little bit. It’s one of the reason why I switched from my Surface Pro 3 to my XPS 13 9365. About same size, but a 13" screen instead of a 12.3" screen that is too small for me (and for the USB C charging, one less cable to have)

1 Like