Microsoft now paying you to use Edge

But.., Bing is blocked in my router... :sadpanda:

Huh, so this is the price of your privacy.

50 bones a year dosnt even buy me a new hard drive, Not 50 canadian bones anyway

Self reminder to build a badass 12 to 22 core retired server machine to run a shitload of windows 10 VM's & "Mine" the shit out of M$ edge bones/credits haha.

#WhatIsBitcoin #M$Coin #M$ForSkynet2017

M$ already knows about your midget hxc pr0n since Vista so u don't have anything to worry about a thing. jk haha but yeah, better wear tinfoil hat 24/7

what would happen if I were to set up a script on an RPi and arduino with a small battery so that it would fire up once a day, do its thing and shut down? It could be charged with a solar panel during the day. Would that pay for its own electricity? :333333

I like this a lot

What you said sounds interesting .... : )

@jonnyp3f I am in Canada and yes you can get hard drives cheap and yes they won't be $50 but you can find some damn close.. Also it is a free $50 basically. You just type crap in a search engine and the website gives you the coin for the day. It is nothing work that one can do on the side while on their pc. As for the MS Edge browser is that just included with Windows 10? If I can get it with Windows 7 64 bit I will do it as I could use every penny I can get my hands on.

Just by virtue of the fact that an RPi Zero consumes, like, 325mW of power, you could have it running multiple instances of that on multiple accounts - just one day would make up the power consumption of the RPi Zero running at full tilt for 4 months. Run a few of them and it would be a simple matter of powering it and you'd be raking in a couple hundred dollars a year. And because it's a Raspberry Pi, it's all but isolated from you so you could potentially just have it feed itself loads of random crap that nobody cares about, route the money to multiple paypal accounts whose owners just happen to be nice enough to send off that money to a certain... beneficiary...?

Assuming it's not complete bullshit.

Vista? What's vista, I've been using ubuntu and windows xp up until 2013. ;)

It's like if some slapper slept with your laptop before it was sold to you and gave it AIDS.

2 Likes

...not sure if you caught the ;) but ok.

Don't worry, I did. Just felt like answering your rhetorical question anyway :D I like ragging on Vista. I will never forgive.

1 Like

Had slow ass budget laptop given for free, had vista on. took 5 mins to boot, took a life time to open or run anything. Put Linux mint xfce on, took 45 seconds to boot, took under 5 seconds to load firefox. Laptop still working somehow to this day.

My story, was cool.

Mom had a slow ass budget laptop bought for cheap (HP DV6000 - need I say more?) - first gen Vision CPU, slow AF, took an age to boot, was the first time I'd ever seen a computer that had to wait to open a right-click menu. I hated it. So much that I physically broke the screen out of rage, which is totally unlike me. Mom was angry. But dad was absurdly happy.

Five years later, boot up lappy, the Vista distro on it decided that it wasn't genuine. Pfffftththhbbtttt. Oh well. I guess that was the end of it. Threw it away, is now in a landfill somewhere.

My story, was nightmare.

Fuck HP.
Fuck Vista
Will never forget
Will never forgive.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. This thing won't die though at this point im just wondering how long i can keep the shitter going. It has an Intel GMA with 8 shader cores and something like 24mb of video RAM.

I have a Sharp PC-GP10-CT in my closet running a 1200MHz Athlon4, 512MB of RAM, a 40GB HDD and Windows XP SP2. It's nearly 15 years old, still boots, still runs perfectly well, even though its battery is long since gone and thrown away. I can't get rid of it because after all this time it still has absolutely no issues except for a fidgety power connector. Was my first laptop.

when the world goes dark it may be your only hope..

You beat me on the shit laptop stakes, mine at least has an intel dual core CPU @1.6ghz with 2gb of RAM.

1 Like

Vista was awesome. Still is the best looking OS that ever existed :)