Microsoft Makes Offer to Purchase Activision/Blizzard

With the Microsoft/Xbox game store already existing I wouldn’t be surprised if MS starts to pivot to exclusives for new IPs. And/or new titles from existing IPs will only be from the MS store for PC and Xbox users.

2 Likes

I’d probably take Epic because I can afford to wait.

EPIC are likely to offer it up for free, even with it’s price. MS? Not likely :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t care really.
Blizz is shit at games since the “old folk” is gone.

Activision, I don’t care. At all.

This smells like Microsoft is arming up against whatever Google and Facebook are planning.

3 Likes

They have already said as much for elder scrolls and fallout. They will be exclusive for an undeclared length if time.

I think battlt.net is a good pickup it doesn’t suck and people don’t hate it like the M$ store. That alone might be worth it.

1 Like

Ya they seriously need to clean up the MS Store and Xbox app on PC. In fact, they should probably just delete the Xbox app and design a more PC-optimized launcher that you tie your Live account to for Game Pass and cross-platform features.

Having an Xbox app on PC doesn’t really make sense. It’s like with Windows 8 where they tried to create a mobile interface for the PC, and in the end it just feels gimped because they tried to optimize it for a different input method.

1 Like