Microsoft just released 60,000 patents?

Try using a non-FUSE implementation…

Edit: I know it’s says it’s specific to Android. Ignore that. It will compile alongside an x86 kernel just fine.

If I were you, I’d check out F2FS. It’s come a far way and it is superior to FAT based filesystem’s in every way. Same goes for EXT4 too. Some of us at CarbonROM actually use it on our SSDs for compiling Android due to it’s speed (I personally use XFS but hey…)

1 Like

I still don’t like them. Bill Gates seems like a nice guy in recent years. Unless anything like this directly impacts my paycheck, I don’t care. They’re already robbing kids blind with their Xbox service. It’s not like they need any more money.

Agreed, he is certainly an acquired taste. But even if he’s not your bag of donuts, having lived in the Portland area and worked at Microsoft for several years, gives him contacts on the inside of the company and a somewhat unique perspective, which I think is valuable.

Besides, he is a great advocate for FOSS and Linux, so I’m reluctant to bash him over his style/shtick.

1 Like

He’s a hack who just wants to make noise about things he thinks he understands, and to take advantage of us with vested interest.

Think I’m lying? Look up his https video, if it’s still up that is. Look at how he responded to being told the truth.

Then, he proceeds to make his ‘show’ Patreon only and disables comments. Truly unprofessional.

He used to be good. I thought his Linux sucks were great. But now he’s totally different.

1 Like

Considering he had at least two other videos after doubling down on his claims I was sure it would still be up, but it seems now its out of peoples minds he’s went and deleted them from the internet.

edit: and he deleted all his tweets about it

Then, he proceeds to make his ‘show’ Patreon only and disables comments. Truly unprofessional.

He’s reversed that.

Yes, after his audience growth spurt had stagnated. That is when he decided to come back to youtube.

I firmly believe he will throw a tantrum again, and pull the same shit.

I have lost all respect for that man.

I really hate to reference this thread, but have a look.

@imhigh.today, @BarkingMad

Scroll down until you see the stuff about Lunduke.

4 Likes

This was my position ~2015-ish. I gave him the BoD and followed him for a bit after that. His antics lately seemed like self sabotage. Damn shame, considering his origin story.

3 Likes

Welcome back. :tada:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

Missed you guys <3

3 Likes

with love

• leedoors
2 Likes

Did you just assume our pronouns?

1 Like

He clearly didn’t read the Linux Level1CoC.

Good to have you back bro @AnotherDev