Microsoft Drops DRM - I'm Still Not Happy

The PS4 will be chargeing for online this time too. 

I like how when this hapopend i told my friends about msoft lifting drm and their like stuff ps4 im getting the xbone now. In my head was just like are really that retarted thats what msoft was hoping for the customers to do. The fact that everyone is so blinded about the console watching you all the time its worrying. makes you think if they haven't got that in laptops already. All in all i will just skip console gaming this generation all together. Who knows msoft might eventually bring back the drm into the next generation of console easing the xbox fan boy sheep into their grasp.

I liked all the cool stuff they were adding.... (One time install and you are done with the disc)(Sending games over the internet)(Sign into your profile on any X1 and have access to all your games) but all that is gone because appartenly because you need internet to play Xbox and no used games and people hated that for some reason.... Well since the X1 is pretty much the same as the Ps4 only a hundred more... I think I will get that over the xbox unless MS drops the kinect and sells it for $300. The Xbox One had so much potienal with the new online capabilities.

M$ is the Xenomorph facehugger from AVP… lying, waiting for their victim to appear, and out of nowhere BAM! They are attached to your face implanting Chestburster embryos into your mouth! You are now a host, their victim, and at any time a Chestburster will come out, erupting from your body!

This is M$... do you trust them in your living room?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080712194334/avp/images/b/bb/Alien-The_Facehugger.png

I hope not…

http://images.wikia.com/nazizombiesplus/images/f/fe/Alien-chest-burster.jpg

But Xbox Live IS "free"!  You just cannot do anything remotely "fun" with the "free" level of Live.  Remember, there are no free lunches, so even the "free" psn (on PS3) comes at a cost, it is just not a monetary cost.  I keep repeating myself when I say that PS+ on PS4 is mandatory for online play is a good thing, but it is worth repeating.  This means the quality of service of the multiplayer aspects of PS4 games will increase, by what seems like exponential levels.  Things like stable servers, the ban hammer when needed, people to maintain these services, keeping downtime to a minimum (unlike the PSN fiasco of a few years ago, where PSN was offline for more than 2 months), etc come at the low price of $4.99/mo, or a Starbucks/Big Mac/Whopper/Baconator/A Beer or two/etc.  

Now then, does this mean I am getting an Xbone? Not initially, they lost me with their first stance and the $499 price tag.  The only thing keeping me on the fence, for the PS4, is the tentative announcement of a PC version of Destiny, and if it is announced, then I am staying on PC for this generation.

Steam has all of the things you liked and they will be adding sharing soon. The problem was really the crazy rules they were settings in place. It was just ridiculous. You can share a game with your friend... but after you do a backflip and lick a frog. It was a bit crazy.

I see a lot crying about xbox drm REMBER who own's a Patent for used game's drm SONY!

You realy think there not going to slip that in when the ps4 has been up and running for a wile?

And let's not forget sony sead thay will not use DRM but 3rd party's can.

Both consoles will be trying to slip that in after you have got used to the bait.

Oh-no.  There are a couple typos Logan :P  And yes, I tend to agree with your view points on this topic.  The negative PR was causing damage... Enough that any company would need to react.

Logan, you will never be happy no matter what Microsoft does.

Yeah, Sony's business practices are not always "consumer-friendly" take for example the PS Vita's extremely expensive memory (which is the only way to store PSP games on the Vita). Sony is just as much not your friend as Microsoft.

To protest its surveillance mechanism, we should get in groups in a few years and buy used XBox Ones and collectively masturbate in front of the Kinect with masks on and see how they like getting some chat roulette action.

I was actually really hoping Microsoft would continue with everything it is doing so that it would fail miserably and send a message to both game developers and other companies. Maybe even to knock Microsoft out of the console business and possibly allow a new competitor to enter the market.I fear that now with this change people will justify flocking to the Xbone just to play 1 or 2 games they are completely obsessed with, funding Microsoft and motivating them to slowly milk and abuse their fanbase for years to come, now that people are not focusing on the DRM issue.

Seen a lot of comments saying they don't want X and Y "feature" of the XB1 but they are willing to buy it for a Halo fix, don't give them an inch if you want Halo on PC just hammer the point home BY NOT BUYING AN XB1 for your halo fix and keep asking for it on the PC.

These companies, more specifically greed driven ego manics in charge of these companies see every single lost sale as a tragedy because to not see it that way is a sin against greed. If you do not buy yourself an XB1 and instead ask, no demand for a Halo game to be released for Windows these sociopaths will take notice and maybe just maybe think to themselves "hey this guy wants to give us some of his money if we do what he asks"

For me it's still PS4 at some point (because exclusives). The only way MS is going to be able to convince me to switch to the Xbox One is if they knock €200 off of the retail price here (their DVR functionality won't work outside of the US, so all it'll be able to do in my country (Belgium) is play games) and no longer make the Kinect mandatory. I don't care about how you can say "xbox do xyz". The simple fact of the matter is that while it may seem cool, you look like a complete tool to other people. Not to mention, the fact that it has to be on all the time is a bit too 1984-like for my taste. I've already got the US government spying on me using PRISM, I don't want MS to be able to see/hear what I do all the time. 

With previous models they melted themselves so it may save you the time of lighting that fire.

The problem I still see is that even if you dont have to connect every 24 hours It is possible for the device to continue to store all the data it collects from the kinect and once you are online, upload to there databases.

Also you have to connect for a one time setup. This will be so that once you have hooked it up most people will keep it hooked up (average person that everyone talks about). It is a console why does it need to go online if you only play single player games.

I have not liked the console market since my sega master system 2. Been with a computer even at that point and will continue to love the range of options the computer has. 

If it is being uploaded it's not that hard to find out, if it is uploaded there will be a shitstorm.

I reckon the company that users will like the most in the end will be the one that refrains from DRM, despite the ability to torrent games illegally. As long as that company does what the users want and not what they can do to sponge as much money out of people as possible, and of course makes good games/consoles, they will be ok. Doing this crap with the Xbox One in the first place was bound to set in place a chain of events that will lead MS into negativity. I don't mind Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo stuff, Playstation, etc, but for the crap that was pulled by MS with this console, I will never even think about buying one. In my eyes, console should be striving to have more capabilities like PC. In the end, I hope all consoles and PC games to be united under one roof (Steam maybe) so everyone, no matter what you play from, will play together, for example, having PC gamers and Xbox gamers playing a shooter in the same match.

You won't be immune post the 19th of June,

Before the Xbox 180 there was Plot.

I don't see a reason, why Microsoft's treason

Should ever be forgot.

Don't be conditioned. Remember. 

Great article Logan, if you'd write a book, I'd buy it !

Xbone is over, I am not looking into it, i ll spend the cash on getting a new GPU and a couple fo game's !

PC all the way ! I just hope people start to realise the console's are not the way to go!
I am bringing as much friends as I can to join us at the dark side !