Micro atx on a budget

I just ordered that psu couldnt pass up that deal .... well psu down more to go.

GTX 950 is the level of performance of the RX 460, and in my first comment I have squeezed the more than two times faster RX 480...
Buddy, people are basically reaching my conclusion...
Pentium G4560 for the price is unbeatable and the RX 480 for 165$ is the best thing since sliced bread...

1 Like

If you dont mind used you could get something like this:

then stuff your PSU and a better GPU in it (if you want) and call it good.

3 Likes

It's a little big, but this has to be the winner of the thread. Room must be made IMO.

Yeah its not exactly mATX lol

Pentuim Dual core, Athlon Quad core or Xeon Hex with HT for less money.... Come to poppa 6 core Xeon HPZ420 system.

If i didnt need a micro axt for the smallest forum factor heck yeh i would jump on that

Room is not a option a street bike is my main means of transport and there is no way i could fit that in my bag.

zx6r?

Think of the health benefits the 6 cores bring.

05 636 with 110k miles on it as of yet

Jesus man.

I bought an R3 almost 2 years ago now. I've been looking for the next step up.

Did you just buy it? Link is dead lol.

No, but I was tempted.

1 Like

What about this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nLkDTH

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($56.47 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS2X CPU Cooler ($22.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard ($46.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.46 @ Jet)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.46 @ Jet)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 460 4GB SLIM SINGLE SLOT Video Card ($132.13 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone ML06B HTPC Case ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Silverstone 300W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply ($48.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $472.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-14 10:56 EDT-0400

2 Likes

I agree with @TheAlmightyBaconLord, how about a Xeon E5-2670 like @Goalkeeper suggested, 8 cores/16 threads and it can be found for around 70$ now, pair that with 32gigs of super cheap ddr3 ecc RAM from ebay, add your RX480 and have an octacore machine that can play anything. The only problem I can think of is finding a good deal on a x79 motherboard.

You can find some interesting benchmarks in this article:

If you want to get a used workstation or whatever: keep in mind that they usually only support GPUs that are as high as a reference card because they usually have some contraption that holds down any PCIe cards (to secure them during shipping I'd guess).
That bit a friend of mine.

Noo problem, just saw everything like Linus does, it's fine.

Ahhh Linus. All that Youtube money completely spoiled him.

I hear he does not even drop hardware himself anymore, instead he has people do that for him.

1 Like
2 Likes

I meant:

2 Likes