• Sensitivity: 103dB at 1KHz, 1mW
  • Impedance: 32Ohm
  • Rated input power: 30mW
  • Maximum input power: 50mW
  • Detachable Kevlar OFC cable
  • Plug: 3.5mm gold plated
  • Weight: 260 gr (9.2 ounces) without cables
  • Ear-cups: walnut wood

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://teksyndicate.com/videos/meze-99-classics-wooden-headphones-overview

Is that Vzio monitor up for review? Anyway, this type of build is very rare in headphones. Most headphones today are build in a way that it's discourage to disassemble. I'm not sure if it makes an economical sense but from a pratical standpoint the Meze 99 Classics is a great headphone to mod. The cup is simple down to the way it's connected to the yoke that one could easily replace it with their own wood cup. If it's big enough for the T50rp drivers, perhaps design a baffle to fit the Meze 99 Classics wood cups.

I've seen some really great mods out there besides the T50rp, such as the ones from Grado. I've even seen an electrostat headphone made from scratch. I think this headphone will do great in the long run just because of how it's built.

Honestly Logan I wasn't sure if "rigidity" was actually a word, I had to look it up, apparently it is.

5:55 So you think Agalloch would sound great with these?

Wooden headphones? WUT? This is definitely some info. I will have to share with my brother, who makes music and I think to me is an audiophile, and my dad, who can appreciate good music and quality sound.

First Somic aka Status Audio now it's time for Meze @Logan ! Cheap chinese headphones rebranded and sold with a high margin profit ! OEM is eSmooth :) Meze got in an argument with the factory some years ago and the Chinese started selling this headphones for -60% of Meze's price :D